Chapter-39 Angels fall hard

Hoseok reaches the heavenly realm and is welcomed by the soothing voice of angels singing, the ambiance makes his mind calm as he lands on the floor of the palace and enters the chamber slowly with quiet steps. The beautiful-looking angels were gathered together humming and singing while the Emperor and the council members were enjoying the music. Jin had his eyes closed and focused on the music, his crown and face were illuminating as the cosmic power nourishes his body and relaxes him.

Hoseok looks at the Emperor and recalls the condition Taehyung was in, his fist clenches, and a sudden deep sadness flare inside him, his eyes water, and the earlier calm nerves starts to tense again but he was not able to deliver the news seeing the Emperor resting and in a good mood. He was not expecting so many angels to be present today in the hall, fidgeting and unable to decide the next move he just stands there waiting for the right moment.  

A little angel walks towards Hoseok, her green eyes shining with a smile as she tucks on his robes to grab his attention. “Are you here for His Majesty, the Emperor?”

Hoseok narrows his eyes seeing an unknown face in the hall but the green eyes were fixed on him determined to get an answer. Hoseok puts aside his thoughts and leans to be at the same level as the little one, “How did you know?”

The angel tells him to not be a loud and only whisper, the same way she might have been instructed before, making Hoseok burst into a genuine smile, he nods apologizing to her, she hums, her wings flutter slowly, and then closes again. “It was easy you were looking at him and…you had the same look as His Majesty.”

Hoseok was puzzled by this information and asks, “What do you mean?”

The angel becomes hesitant making her wings open up as if ready for flight, she nervously says “Mera doesn’t know, I am not told much but I heard them say…” She points to the choir pulling the high notes and making their voice reach out to all the corners of the palace, purifying the palace with the power of music, “His Majesty, the Emperor is restless and only this could help him.” Hoseok nods in understanding looking back at Jin, this time his eyes carry with them the heaviness of the news. 

He pats the head of the angel and decides to remain where he is, even thinking of mixing in between council for a while until Jin stabilizes his mood but before he could take a step further Jin opens his eyes and spots him, their eyes meet. Hoseok feels the nervousness creep inside him again like he did something sinful, he was unable to speak or even greet anything he dumbly watches as Jin stands up from his throne, and walks down. The choir singing stops, and the council also rises all concerned and puzzled with the behavior of the Emperor.  The angels fear they made a mistake or somehow aggravated the discomfort of the Emperor they were all about to kneel when Jin tells them to continue, his demeanor calm and composed. The choir quickly follows his orders.

There is the thing with the angels if the emotions are heightened it becomes difficult to conceal them from each other, sensing that the Emperor is not as calm as he seems the angels put more effort and continue. The council also sits down as ordered by Jin.  He tells Hoseok to follow him and moves to the near chamber where only the two were present and the soothing voice of angels can faintly penetrate.

Jin quickly speaks up as they enter the room,  “This Emperor is feeling uneasiness inside his core and thinks that this loyal angel of mine knows the reason for these tribulations.” 

Hoseok who was all of a sudden asked this was rather hesitant and quiet, thinking about how to explain things in a way to not make Jin anxious or worried. He nods as Jin turns to face him, a little smile on his lips concealing the tension inside. Jin turns away again petting the bird that just came and sat in front of him “How is he?”