Chapter-17 I have no regrets

Mihael stutters  “I don’t know..w..what you a..are talking about” He sees the yellow powdered face of Yoongi and steps back further on the bed, clutching the covers tightly, “Who are you? I will call the guards, Father” He starts shouting in fear. Yoongi already felt humiliated wearing that powder and now someone was afraid of him to this point, he wanted to beat Mihael, but knowing his status he takes a deep breath, and was ready to say some threatening words coated wisely. Jeongguk beats him to it, he takes out his sword, its tip touching the Prince’s throat almost piercing the skin. Mihael looked half-dead already, about to pass out again.

“Open your mouth only to answer or I won’t show mercy” Jeongguk threatens.

“How dare you-“ Mihael has just said the words when the tip pierces his skin causing a line of blood to flow, “You won’t get out “ The blade was about to make a cut when Mihael quickly answers “I love him” His lips start trembling again, like a child about to cry “He won’t understand so I locked him up” He wipes his tears.

“Who is he, take us to him?” Taehyung says and Mihael nods hesitantly, he was alone and vulnerable at the moment between these strangers. Jeongguk takes away his sword hiding it back and forces Mihael to get up dragging him by his collar. Taehyung stops them, an awkward smile on his face as he glances at the three.

“Um…we need to wear the mask back,” He says, the three of them say nothing picking up their robes and mask and wearing it quickly, taking a deep breath, and glowering at Mihael who steps back in fear “What..who…you?” He was not able to form words for the questions running in his head and stops asking anything as Jimin’s shining red eyes from the mask stared at him, in fear he clenches Jeongguk's robes. Jeongguk sees his trembling fingers then his face, Mihael quickly steps aside.

Yoongi opens the door, telling Mihael to lead the way, the infamous Crown Prince, without his men was like a scared puppy, he shows them the way. As they step out and walk a few meters, the guards and masked men block their passage. Mihael feels like his energy is back, now he can put these four in prison, he hears the cry of his mother, then sees a whole horde of his father’s harem being present there, his father and brothers, all having their eyes on him, red with crying and sympathy, but no one dared to move closer.

“My son is walking, he is finally cured” His mother calls out ready to embrace him but the King stops her. He waits for the shaman to give a green signal. Taehyung sighs, he greets the people blocking their way and says politely “It would be wise of you to show patience and not hinder the process, he is still under a spell and can be dangerous to any life source other than us near him” Iyayi clenches his jaw hearing it looking back at his son in pity and shame.

“But where are you taking him?” He asks instead.

“Your son is taking us to the one who caused it” Taehyung answers, Iyayi’s harem held many young and beautiful women, they all looked pretty and curious about the situation, none coming forward to console the Queen, all eyes on the four strangers and the Prince.

“Then I will go with you and put him to death right now” Iyayi roars angrily. 

“Father let me go with you, I won’t be at ease seeing you in danger” His son of the second consort, their firstborn says, he is the one to replace Mihael on the throne, voice soft and full of care. The King feels proud looking back at his other son in admiration and support. Mihael looks at his rotten bleeding hands and back to his brothers, envy engulfs him again, he hates them all, even his father.

Finally, the crowd disperses and they breathe fresh air before going down to the dungeon. Mihael remained quiet throughout the exchange, it was weird and concerning, based on his actions before he would have caused a scene and blamed them for threatening Crown Prince but he didn’t say anything instead was looking lost in thought.