Chapter-47 Samsara

Hoseok is brought back to the present by the terrified eyes of the little angels and the sniffles of the elder ones. He glances at them the number of listeners increases while he was lost in the events of the past, narrating to them the past happenings. The curious eyes of the listeners were fixed on him, there was pain, fear, and sympathy in them and an urge to keep going. Hoseok clears his throat wanting to end the meeting here but a little angel grabs his robe and probes to continue,

“Then His Highness, the Prince of Immortals went to a long sleep?” He asks concerned and curious.

Hoseok pats the head of the little angel with big, glassy eyes, beautiful and serene, and shakes his head “How can that be, our Prince is very powerful unless it is his will, this cannot happen. After he was brought here, he remained unconscious for a while, and then one night he suddenly woke up and started looking for the General and the demons who were there with him, he became furious at His Majesty for not giving him the answer and at me for being silent.”

Seeing the condition of the angel, Jin remained silent, what else could he do, Taehyung knew the reality too but was in denial, so Jin lets him went his frustration and guilt, he knew the past could not be mended. Taehyung needs time to heal and settle with the happenings. 

Hoseok comes hurriedly to Jin to inform him that Taehyung has left the palace and might have gone to the mortal realm again, it has been years and Hoseok was afraid seeing the place will only make the Prince sadder. Jin expected this to happen and calmly follows Hoseok to the mortal realm. 

In the mortal world, Taehyung walks into a deserted area that looked nothing like it once used to be. There once was a civilization but now the place was empty with hot and dry winds moving and making his skin itch, he runs around for any signs of mortal life but sees no more than dry bushes and trees here and there and reptiles slithering away. Taehyung stares at the place remembering the beautiful palace and the smiling children, the celebration and loud cheers of the people, it was all gone, they were all dead none survived the wrath of an angel. His eyes water as he recalls the General whom he saw on the horse with his troops cladded in his uniform and a gaze piercing watching him in the crowd.

Taehyung wipes his tears while smiling as he remembers that face and the scoldings he used to get from Jeongguk. He aimlessly keeps walking in hope of finding at least something, Jimin and Yoongi cross his mind as the two keep bickering and try to make things work when he messes it up. He falls on the ground fisting the soil, tears falling on the ground. Taehyung has no idea why he came back to the mortal realm when he knew the destruction he caused. He expected a miracle to happen but he lost everything, he could not save even one person.

He hears a giggle of a child and looks up to where the sound came from, finding himself near a field. A child was running in a circle around a man and playing with a toy while giggling loudly. The man smiles and warns him to not ruin the flower garden. Taehyung stared at the amaranthine flower beds in neat, long rows, it was the same flower that Jeongguk put in his hair, the purple color flowers were in full bloom and looked beautiful near the vast fields of crops. The man wore very simple and light clothes and held a smile all the while but the little boy being warned pouts and asks the man busy with his work.

“Mamma says these flowers are wild and taking care of them waste time but uncle still grows them like it is dear to him”

The man stops in his movements and inhales slowly before saying, “Dear one, sometimes the wildest things hold a great history, not everyone knows but there was a time when the lands in the center were ruled by an Empire, powerful and prospering…” He starts digging the soil and continues “He had sons to share the empire but the sons grew greedy and ruined what they had. When the gods got angry with them, an angel was sent to annihilate them, nothing was left land turned to ashes except for this flower, it stayed facing the disaster and still blooming. For the ones who lost everything, this holds meaning, and for those who have not seen much call it wild”