Mission is a Go?

"So. What you mean to tell me is that you, Sasuke and Naruto are from the future?" Shikaku recapped. Shikamaru isn't shocked his father doesn't really believe him, it's a rather... Unprecedented scenario. "That is what I mean." Shikamaru said with a sigh. Shikaku was silent, he wanted to believe it, but it's just not something you immediately believe. Not without proof. "I'm not sure how to prove it to you." Shikamaru admitted with a sigh. In hindsight he should have thought about it harder, way harder. But its too late, he already went and told his father. Should he just have went with the possibility of getting caught red handed? Instead of trying to explain it to him, he doesn't know.

He hasn't really known anything since traveling in the first place.

"Well, if I were from the future. I suppose I'd be in the same boat." Shikaku mused, he looked at Shikamaru, studying him. "How about your love life?" Shikamaru's brain stopped, "Wha... What?" Shikamaru looked at his father expecting him to laugh but he never did. He was serious! Shikamaru blanked for a moment more before sighing. "I would have expected mom to ask that." He frowned before huffing; this wasn't exactly the easiest conversation.

"I met a girl from Suna. Met during the Chunin exams." Shikamaru said with a sigh. His cheeks would have been red from embarrassment, but there was one grim fact that kept the red off his face entirely. "Her name was Temari, specialized with a giant fan, due to her wind chakra nature." Shikaku hummed before looking over his future son. "Then what?" Shikamaru frowned, he knew what was next. "She died." He admitted.

Shikaku had clearly known, he had most likely seen comrades of his lost loved ones, how they'd talk about the person so fondly, but it never really sounded like a person gushing about a crush, rather someone who'll they will never see again.

"That's what we are trying to avoid." Shikamaru said as he crossed his arms. He felt silly, he was like 7 and acting like a grown man. It's strange.

Shikaku nodded, "If this god lady is real, then I suppose my only guess is that more than just your girlfriend died." Shikaku said with a blank expression. "Of course." Shikamaru admitted, "Several Hidden villages were wiped off maps, including our own." Shikaku stopped for a moment before looking at Shikamaru. "It wasn't just some war; it was the literal meaning of Life and death." Shikamaru said with furrowed brows. "And in the end its up to you to believe me." Shikaku turned his head away from Shikamaru before sighing. "You're convincing, OK." He rested his head in his hand before grabbing a cup. "I don't entirely believe you yet." Shikaku admitted. Shikamaru only shrugged in response, he had expected that.

"But the way you talked tells me it happened." Shikaku looked up at Shikamaru. "I've been alive long enough to know the difference from a fake story and a real one." Shikamaru nodded, "You can't tell the Hokage." Shikaku frowned. "That needs some more explanation." Shikamaru frowned, he didn't know how his father would take this information, at all. Because by not telling the Hokage about the possible destruction of the village is practically treason. "Because our first step of changing the future isn't something he is going to like." Shikaku frowned, "If he doesn't like it what makes you think I will?"

Shikamaru was quiet looking at his father, "You won't."

Sasuke looked at his arm, his mother had insisted to get him a cast so he wouldn't use it too much. It's reasonable, but it's annoying, that is his real hand, perhaps he should focus on trying to use his other arm for more means than just grabbing the bare minimum. Shisui snickered slightly as he watched Sasuke frown at the cast. He had already taken the liberty to sign it with his beautiful signature. Itachi wasn't so willing but with enough threats anything is possible.

Shisui watched Sasuke a little longer before something grabbed his attention. "Did something happen to your other arm Sasuke?" Shisui laughed a little, he thought he was just seeing things. Sasuke panicked for a moment before looking at Shisui. "No?" Sasuke managed to furrow his eyebrows with a smile. Shisui shrugged before looking ahead, he must've, because when he looks again it looks fine now.

Sasuke held his breath, now he was way better at genjutsu than Shisui and his brother. He had noticed it when he first got the arm, it was way paler than his actual body, like Obito's body. But it takes close observation to notice, but he is in the Uchiha clan, observation is basically their specialty. He can only hope he can get away with it, with his small reserves and all. As soon as they made it home, he sighed, at the same moment the genjutsu lifted. Shisui waved as he went to his own house, saying something about missing dinner with his cats.

Itachi looked at Sasuke with a raised eyebrow as Sasuke walked inside, He could only guess Sasuke wanted the incoming lecture and impending grounding to be over sooner rather than later. Itachi shook his head, he's never really gotten in trouble like this, ever. He can't particularly comfort his brother for what's to come. Mikoto was sitting by the couch and immediately saw Sasuke as he walked inside.

"Were you officially discharged?" She asked more Itachi than Sasuke. She knew he usually would leave sooner than he is supposed to, she was hoping he didn't do the same with Sasuke. "Yes, don't worry mother." He bowed slightly as he turned to kick off his shoes. Sasuke turned to do the same thing and as soon as he was finished, he was scooped off the ground by his mother. She showered him with many different levels of affection, most of it was unfortunately tough love. 

"Why did you think doing that was a good idea! You could have grabbed me or your father! We would have chased them!" Mikoto was whispering yet yelling at the same time as she forced Sasuke to stay in her lap. Itachi really did feel bad, but at the same time he hadn't seen her so affectionate since Sasuke was a baby. "I have the same question." Sasuke stiffened slightly as his father entered the room. It was unavoidable for his mother to not notice. "Try to leave the harsher questions for when the cast is off." She said it sweetly, but similar to the likes of Sakura it was a threat. Fugaku nodded, he was stronger in every way when it came to his wife, but it was his wife, and he couldn't particularly say no when it came to his kids. "Sasuke how did it happen?" Mikoto frowned, obviously that was a harsher question in her mind. It most likely would have been a harsh question, if he was younger and it was the first time, he saw something like that.

Naruto had given him a rundown on what the story was going to be. The three of them, himself, Naruto and Shikamaru were walking together, then they were kidnapped. Its simple, but Naruto is the Jinchuriki and was the primary subject of the kidnapping, Sasuke was an Uchiha, his eyes could sell well on the black market, and Shikamaru was the Nara clan heir, AKA some good ransom money. So, in a sense it wasn't too farfetched to think that's why the three of them were kidnapped in the first place.

He can only hope they don't realize the times don't really add up. Also hoping they don't catch one of the actual kidnappers, because under the presence and threat of torture they will most likely give a different story. And everyone will be confused to find out the three of them were lying about the whole thing.

"We were all kidnapped, it was weird at first, it thought it was a prank. But Shikamaru knew better." Fugaku nodded, aware of the young Nara's IQ. "Well, do you remember much?" That's when Mikoto shooed her husband away. Sasuke was about to answer, but he supposed not answering at all would be easier. Itachi looked at his mother before looking at Sasuke, more specifically his eyes. "You activated them, right?" Mikoto held her tongue she knew they needed to know. "I think so?" Itachi nodded, "Your eyes were strained when you were first admitted to the hospital." Sasuke nodded.

"I don't know, I probably did." Sasuke admitted. Itachi nodded, he himself was more than aware when he activated his sharingan. But he has heard several cases of children not really realizing it. It's rumored Madara's brother was the same. "We will need to train your eyes, but don't worry about that right now." Mikoto admitted she didn't want her son to do any type of training for the rest of his life, but she knew that just wouldn't happen.

Itachi smiled, his smiles were often for more reassuring purposes, this one was no different. "I'll train you Sasuke don't worry about it." Sasuke smiled, he was getting the hang of this whole faking thing, But it couldn't last forever.

Nothing ever will.