47

Caroline smiled as she joined her friends for breakfast. She looked around the table and realized that Max was not there yet, which made her only wonder if he is with the girl he left with last night.

"Looking for someone?" Daniel asked, although he already knew the answer.

"Umm..where is Max?" Caroline asked.

Daniel, Maria, and Eloise shared a knowing smile which made Caroline feel a little awkward.

Eloise's eyes lit up as she noticed Max walking towards them.

"Speak of the devil...." She pointed out. Caroline immediately smiled and turned to look at him. "and the devil brought someone with him."

The smile on Caroline's face faded as she realized that Max is with the girl from last night.

"Mind if we join you?" Max asked as he looked around the table.

"No..not at all," Caroline smiled.

Max nodded and politely pulled the chair for the girl and she sat down, bearing a warm smile on her face.

"This is Natalie," Max introduced the girl as he took the seat next to her, and Caroline had no option to seat between Eloise and Natalie as it was the only seat available.

"Hi," Natalie politely smiled and waved her hand.

Everyone greeted her politely but shared a confused look. Other than Caroline everyone knew Max was there in Mykonos for her, to try his best to make Caroline realize and accept his feelings for her, but here he is bringing his one night stand to join his friends for breakfast.

Natalie could feel the awkwardness but choose to concentrate on Max. It didn't miss Caroline's eyes when she held Max's hand to feel more included.

"So..how did you two meet?" Maria asked.

"Last night at the pool party," Natalie replied. "And then he asked if..."

"Pass me the menu Daniel," Caroline interrupted, earning a glare from Natalie and an annoyed look from Max.

Daniel nodded and handed her the menu as he shot Eloise a knowing look.

"As I was saying..." Natalie continued but once again she was interrupted.

"What is everyone's plan today?" Eloise asked as he shot the new girl a fake smile. "Me and Neal are spending the day together."

"Neal?" Caroline asked as she has no idea who the guy is.

"The guy I went on a date with last night," Eloise replied.

"And I have something special planned for my girlfriend," Daniel smiled as he kissed Maria.

Caroline smiled before looking at Max who looked away instantly and shifted his attention to Natalie.

"What about you two?" Daniel asked Max and Caroline, hoping that Max will ditch Natalie.

"Umm..I don't know," Max shrugged. "Do you want to do anything?" he looked at Natalie.

"How about we go to the beach? Just you and me?" she suggested, making Caroline roll her eyes. She was shocked that Max even asked her in the first place but she was even more shocked when he agreed with the suggestion.

Natalie smiled brightly like she won a prize.

"What will you do?" Max asked Caroline, sounding uninterested and everyone looked at her since she is the one left alone and no one to spend the day with.

"Umm..actually dad called this morning..he is not feeling well and asked if I would go to New York and see him," Caroline replied, half lying. Her dad did call but he didn't ask her to visit him. She just didn't want to be the only single one and spend the rest of the vacation alone.

"What?" Eloise gasped. "We still have three more days to.."

"Did you already book the ticket?" Max asked as he sat straight, feeling concerned.

"Yes," Caroline lied as she shot him a smile. She still has to book the ticket and she is looking forward to catching the earliest flight possible.

"Is settled then," Natalie cut in. "We all know what we are doing today."

"Shut up please," Eloise glared at her.

As soon as breakfast was done Caroline went to her room to search for a flight, arrange the ticket and pack her luggage. She gave the details to Eloise in case of emergency like she always does before leaving for the airport.

**********  

A/N: The beginning of the end.

 There will  be two alternate endings since I can't choose between Max and Lewis. 

Also Max is now uninterested in Caroline, thoughts?

Who else other than Max and Lewis will be compatible with Care?