Chapter 18 - India Harrison

We travelled down to London a few days later, to get ready to play West Ham. I sat with Millie on the bus, and it was now a tradition neither of us could break. She had become quite a good friend while being at United, and I was glad that we could be close and not awkward.

Sam was playing Chelsea, I was playing West Ham, and Indi was playing Tottenham. We were all going to be in London, and it was the perfect time to see each other again.

We beat West Ham in that game, winning 4-0. I scored a brace, with an assist from Jackie for one of them, and Press scored one, and Ella scored the other.

"Great goals," Jackie said to me, giving me a hug.

"Great assist," I added back. I liked this relationship with Jackie. I like that we were friends and that we had a connection that couldn't be faltered.

I went over to do a small interview after the game.

"So, Bradie, that was a great game by United, how did you prepare for this match up?"

"West Ham is a great side so we knew we were going to have to bring our everything to get the three points and I am really proud of how the girls performed tonight. We put everything into training and it was just nice to get the win."

"You are on fire at the moment, leading the league in goals, one goal clear of Sam Kerr, is that the ultimate goal this season? To win the golden boot?"

"No, not really," I answered, "the ultimate goal is always going to be to win the league and secure a champions league spot. I don't play for individual honours, and I know most players don't. Scoring goals is just my job, and I am only proud that I am able to help the team in that respect."

"United's form has really turned around this season, as you are fighting for a place in the champions league, what do you think you and your USWNT teammates have brought to this side?"

"I think we just bring a different style of play. We have had to adapt to the new league, and the new style but I think we've also brought a little bit of the American game to England, and I think the girls like that. We all know our strengths and our weaknesses, and so if we are able to mix our styles, we will be unpredictable, in that sense."

"Well, congratulations Bradie on the win."

"Thank you."

After the game, while the other girls headed back to the hotel for the night, I went over to Indi's apartment.

"BVD!" Indi exclaimed as I opened the door. She hugged me tight as I walked inside, pulling me close and not letting me go.

"It's been way too long," I said, hugging the australian.

"Way too long!" She replied.

Kristie stood up and came over, embracing me too. I had only just been with Kristie at She Believe's so our reunion wasn't as exciting.

"Jill!" Indi called out, "come say hi to Bradie!" Jill came out of the bedroom, and gave me a small wave.

"Hey Bradie," she said. We knew each other from the many times that the Netherlands and the US have faced off against one another. I panned Jill's neck, to see my necklace, except it wasn't on her neck.

"Where's your pretty necklace?" I asked her, unsuspiciously.

"Oh," Jill said, placing a hand on her neck, "it's with Viv."

"It's Viv's necklace?" Indi asked.

"No," Jill answered, "we kind of share it."

"You share a necklace?" Kristie added.