Chapter- 4

Winston POV:

I learned from the encounter on that day that my sister might be a genius and a prodigy at that which is very rare for the continent. He vowed to protect her sister more than ever from the calamities as well as the sketchy people.

He knew that once, people will be aware of her knowledge, skills and wisdom she possess, there will be more threat to her life and so, he studied harder and tried to learn everything early, precisely and accurately.

Every now and then, Adonis would come looking for me to take her to the library. I am not sure how but, she can read books and understand them pretty well. We would go together and spend hours and hours in the library in peace and tranquility.

One day, I was curious on what Adonis was reading and noticed, she was reading the high level of history books when she is just an year old, which even I cannot understand at my age when I am already 3 year old. She was reading the books of ancient history which only a selected few people in the entire empire can read and understand it completely.

At first I thought that she was just scrolling through the books. So, I asked her but later I realized that she was actually reading it and understands it.

Winston- Adonis, What are you reading??

Adonis- Winy, I am reading this book. It is about history of our kingdom and also some mention of the neighboring kingdoms too. It is very interesting. Do you want to read with me??

Winston- Sure, I would love to read with you.

Adonis- Come winy, let's read. I am already halfway through. We can start over if you want.

It seems like I need to up my skills and knowledge to match or at the very least be able to support her at times of need. After all, she is my family and as our family motto is: "Family helps the members in time of need and protect them from harms way."

Just like our family motto, I am going to help my parents, support my sister, and take over the burdens of the family and help them.

Adonis went to the library as usual with Winston when she noticed a book with an unusual shine. Judging from the pile of dusts gathered on the cover of the book, It seems to be a book which not many people have read or chose to read.

Adonis: (Grabbing the book.) Huh! This book why is it different from the rest of the books and it's written in a different language too.

Adonis tried to remove the dust from the book by dusting it off with her small hands and noticed that the book is in different language from the books she has read so far. This book seems to be in French and I can easily read it. As French was my second language. It looks like a book of ancient history. Let's see what is the history of this world. I wonder why the book is in French and not English.