125 | Mistletoe

C H R I S T M A S  S P E C I A L   II

THE STREETS WERE FILLED with people even though it was already 10 PM. After all, the night is still young, especially on Christmas eve. Everyone was having dinner with their family, while some were simply enjoying the night with their loved ones.

     Max on the other hand was doing the opposite. Instead of feeling the Christmas spirit, he thought that his heart was going to pop any second, and this was because of a stupid decision he made just moments ago.

      "Do you perhaps want to spend Christmas Eve at my place?" Max recalls him asking, almost making him hit his head on the steering wheel.

      "What the heck is happening to me? I'm more nervous about this than the time I was asked to attend a meeting with world leaders." Max thought to himself before glancing at Gavriil who was quietly sitting beside him, minding his own business.

     Max tries to calm himself down. This shouldn't be a big deal. It was just two friends hanging out like last time...

     "Last time," Max whispers, and the image of him almost pressing his lips on Gavriil on their last friendly dinner instantly made him grunt in frustration.

     "Are you okay?" Gavriil suddenly asks, unnecessarily making Max flinch. Max then looks back at Gavriil who was now staring at him with a confused expression.

     "Leigh?" Gavriil calls out again, and Max finally takes a deep breath and calms himself down.

     "I must have been making you feel uncomfortable. I'm just feeling a bit off right now since I drank a little with Marcus, but don't worry, I'm fine. It might not look like it, but I'm glad to be with you tonight."

     Gavriil was caught off guard by what Max just said. He wasn't expecting him to say that, so he just nodded his head and shyly looked away, staring at the scenery in front of him like he wasn't bothered by this at all.

     "You're not the only one who's nervous you know?" Gavriil suddenly asks, and that statement alone finally made Max lose all reason.

...

"Make yourself at home," Max says as he walks inside his house first, Gavriil following right behind him. 

     "It's been a while since I've been here," Gavriil says as he removes his coat and hat.

     "Oh, that's right. Other than the time we went out to dinner, you probably visited when you were younger too, right?" Max asks back, and Gavriil nods his head as an answer.

     "Let's go to the kitchen and look for something to eat. You must be hungry," Max then says, and the two walked their way to the kitchen.

     "There really isn't anyone here huh?" Gavriil asks while walking. But even though no one was home, the mansion was still filled with Chirstmas decorations.

     "Yeah, all the employees working here are all back at their families. Father insisted that we should at least have guards here, but I told him that it's going to be fine, especially since our house is hidden anyway," Max explains, and Gavriil just nodded his head in understanding.

     When the two of them finally arrived at the kitchen, Max removes his coat and scarf before gesturing at the table so Gavriil could take a seat while he scavenges for food. The fridge was thankfully filled with dozens of frozen food that were all labeled.