128 | Class II-A

"WILL IT BE TOO much if I tell you how honored I am to be walking with you right now?" Ari jokes, making Max punch his shoulder while he and the rest of his friends were walking their way back to their classroom.

     After it was announced that Max was now ranked 85, everyone just lost it. The top 100 was mostly filled with 4th-year students and a few 3rd-year students. But Max, who not only just started studying in J.S High, became the fourth 2nd-year to enter the rank 100 alongside Ian, Richard, and Gavriil.

     As for ranks 1 to 10, a few ranks changed, while the Elites were surprisingly still the same. But thanks to the exam results, Richard is now only 900 points away from Gavriil. If Richard gets to beat Gavriil, a lot of things might just change in their house.

     "What I'm more surprised about is the fact that queen Cindy gave you 1500 merit points. Like how could you casually forget to mention that?" Felix asks.

     "When I got back from the House of Queens you suddenly opened up about the brotherhood banners getting vandalized, and then Jokers suddenly declared war against Cigarettes. A lot happened so I just forgot about it," Max defends.

     "Well, what's important is that you finally got to enter the top 100. You're literally a couple of ranks away to enter the top 10 and enter the Elites," Ervin says, and Max nods his head in determination.

     While the four friends were walking down the hallway, they suddenly saw Gavriil walking opposite their direction; Richard Young walking beside him.

     When they were finally just a meter away from each other, Ari stops and bows to greet the Elites secretary, Richard Young, who is his fellow Rose. The two Elite members stop as well as Richard bows his head to greet Ari back.

     "Congratulations on getting promoted and finishing at top 2," Richard tells Ari before looking at Max. "Congratulations as well, Mr. Sinclaire. What you pulled off was very impressive. I remember getting the same experience, but that was during the last term. It's amazing how you're able to do that in only four months."

     "Thank you," Max says, bowing to him as well. Max then glances at Gavriil who was already looking back at him, so Max had to quickly look away from him.

     "Well, we do not want to waste much of your time," Richard says as he and Gavriil were about to leave, but Max suddenly says, "Mr. Alexeev. May I have a word with you."

     Ari, Ervin, and Felix were surprised, but then Gavriil turns back and says, "Sure."

     Ari was about to say something, but he sighs and looks back at Max before saying, "We'll head to the class first."

     Max nods his head as a reply, and Ari and Felix walk away, Ervin patting Max's shoulder before following the other two. When the three were already out of sight, Gavriil walks closer to Max and tells him, "I was heading to my club room. If you like then we could talk there."

      "That would be fine," Max answers, and then Richard, who was still with them, looks at Gavriil and tells him, "I'll head back to the office first. Don't forget, we still have a meeting. We won't be able to start without you."

     "I know. I won't take too long, don't worry," Gavriil answers, and Richard nods his head, glancing at Max and smiling at him before walking away as well.

     When the two were finally alone, Gavriil looks back at Max and tells him, "Follow me. The newspaper club is just nearby."

     Max doesn't say anything and just follows behind Gavriil until they reach a room which was much bigger than Omega Society's club room.