200 | Just Kids

Happy 200 Chapters to KOTH! Thank you, everyone, for supporting this book and for joining me on this journey. I really am thankful to all of you 💙

"GAV! YOU'RE SOAKING! What happened?" Max shouts as soon as Gavriil enters the apartment. He wanted to ask what had happened to him, but then Gavriil suddenly grabbed him and gave him a tight hug.

     Max was surprised, but he sighed and hugged Gavriil back without saying anything to him. Whatever Gavriil did, Max doesn't have to know about it for now.

     "Leigh, please don't believe that your mother killed the Stepanov Clan. Not you. Anyone might blame her, but please not you," Gavriil then tells him, and Max instantly buries his head against the vice president's chest, closing his eyes to hear his heart beating fast.

     "A strong storm might fall upon us someday, but the two of us will always be there to calm it," Max tells him. "The way you defend my mother when I can't even defend her myself...You have no idea how thankful I am to have you do that for me. I love you, Gav. I really, really do," he adds, and those words were enough for Gavriil to finally calm himself down.

     "I love you too," he replies before giving Max a gentle kiss on the head.

     After a couple of seconds, Gavriil finally pushes Max away from him and tells him, "Alright. I'll take a bath first, and then we can properly talk. You should take one too so you won't get sick."

     Max nods his head, but before Gavriil can walk towards the bathroom, Max reaches out to touch the necklace that he was wearing before shyly asking, "Would you like to...t-take one together."

     Gavriil's eyes widen upon hearing the question. And as he turns to look at Max again, he sees his lover's face turning completely red, instantly making Gavriil swallow the lump in his throat, his sanity almost leaving him in that instant.

     "No..." Gavriil says with all his strength, and Max quickly looks away from him because of complete embarrassment from the rejection, making Gavriil chuckle. He approaches Max and forces him to look back at him. When their eyes were finally looking at each other, the vice president reached out to pinch Max's nose, immediately making Max push him away in annoyance.

     "When did you become such a naughty brat?" Gavriil teases while Max touches his aching nose.

     "I hate you," Max says, and Gavriil just grins and walks towards the bathroom. But as soon as he closed the door behind him, he immediately touched his chest with his eyes wide in disbelief.

     "Holy shit...Leigh. I'm trying my best to comfort you here, and you say such a thing," Gavriil says as he slowly looks down at his pants. As soon as he saw what he was afraid of seeing, he aggressively brushed his hair in frustration before taking a deep breath.

     "Now I really need that cold shower."

     While Gavriil is 'calming' himself down, Max walks towards the sofa to hide from the shame of asking such a thing. He honestly didn't think much of it, but the words just came out of nowhere. He wasn't able to stop himself on time.

     "It's official. I've seriously lost my mind. Who on earth would even think of asking such a thing when I was clearly having a mental breakdown just a few hours ago?" Max asks himself, grabbing a pillow from the sofa and covering his face with it.

     While Max continues to think of things that he could say to Gavriil after he takes a bath, Max's phone suddenly vibrates inside his pocket. He pulls his phone out and sees messages from Marcus, asking him where he is and why he still isn't home. Another message came from their group chat with Ari and the others.