Chapter Seven~ Playing the Part, Acting the Fool

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

In the hustle to find her friends, get out of here, and into her bed, Kareena found herself surrounded by the sweet smell of food. Her vision was cast downward upon her stomach when she heard it make an unsettling sound. Aidan was right, I guess all the stress, worry, and dancing made me work up an appetite. Remembering to thank him later, she grabbed a clean plate and headed for the buffet.

When she took one step towards one of the trays, she was pushed to the ground. "Out of my way, piggy."

Kareena watched the man who pushed her- Incredibly tall, deep voice, medium-length and straight dark black hair that seemed to be styled. His eyes were grey, they matched his forever-lasting cold facial features.

When she finished with her daze from being dropped on the floor, she noticed him reaching for the last piece of cherry cheesecake.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be in your way, but I wasn't even going for the cake." She stood up and dusted herself off

Jin scoffed as he looked at her, disgusted. "What kind of low-class people do they let into this event? Tch, this what we get for letting people bring their own guests." He muttered to himself as he took the slice and began walking. Kareena was astonished at his amazingly deep voice, it matched his cold demeanour

As she saw him take long strides away from her, she couldn't help the words that left her mouth. "You know, that's a really rude thing to say to someone." She called, he stopped. With his back still turned to her he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

Feeling her nerves bubble inside her, she spoke once more, "never mind, I should just go. I'm sorry if I ruined your night," she timidly apologized before turning to walk away before she could cause any more trouble.

Jin turned around to apologize after hearing her words, his heart churned, after all, he was rude to her due to his stress-eating issues. She wasn't even going for the cake.

When he swallowed his pride, for the first time, ready to face her, he was greeted by an empty room. The last thing his eyes caught was the back of a sparkly red dress and beautiful long, loose, wavy hair.

After a few minutes of walking her heels gave out and she tumbled onto the red-carpeted hallway floor. With everything that had happened and that was said to her, she couldn't hold it in any longer. Laying on her stomach, she accepted defeat. Shoving her face in the nook of her elbow, she began openly sobbing.

"I don't belong here, I should just go home."

It was a second of her face on the floor before having a shadow cast over her. When she looked up she was greeted by a familiar face and a hand held out in front of her. "Hiya, Need a hand?" Minho, or as she knew him 'the boy in the red mask', asked.

Pushing herself off the ground, she brushed his hand away. Wobbling in her shoes as she stood straight. "Ack, this is super embarrassing." She laughed at herself, wiping the small remains of tears that welled in her eyes.

"What?" Minho asked curiously, closely watching as she brightened herself back up to when he had seen her earlier. Caught in her gaze, he cleared his throat before continuing, "Crying? Being upset? You know that it's all okay, right? Sadness is an emotion, it's not as embarrassing as you think. Everyone has them." Smiling brightly, he cracked a joke to lighten the mood. "Punch me in the nose right now and I'll bawl like a baby to make it even." The ridiculous suggestion he had made with a handsome smile made Kareena giggle harder, making him happy that she genuinely looked better.