Chapter Eighteen~ Nerves & Explanations

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The night was finally at its ending. Swarms of people came over to Kareena, the elusive girl who, with no experience in the business world and a chance meeting with the CEO, was offered a job on the spot assisting the Vice CEO, Jin Park.

Her minutes were filled with short congratulations, judgmental stares, and wild theories as to why she was offered the job.

"Maybe she's his long-lost daughter..."

"Maybe she's a prodigy..."

"Maybe she's sleeping with him..."

Comments like this were followed by snaps of fingers, astonished looks, but mostly, retorts like an agreeing 'Ah' or a sarcastic 'how surprising' or the infamous 'it's happened before'.

Kareena bit her lip in hesitation as she heard the speculating comments that were made around her, about her.

Letting out a deep sigh, she decided it would be best if she pulled herself away. Walking around to find a place to be alone, she heard the distasteful remarks. When she realized all went silent and most eyes were on her, she ran to the nearest door.

Opening it, she found herself in a bathroom. Huffing out the last of her terrified breaths, she locked the door. With her hand still on the knob, she rested her forehead on the solid oak door.

I can't do this. Why did I agree to it? I can't be around these people tonight, How am I supposed to spend long hours with the ones who actually work at the company?

Heavy breathing and stressed thoughts were cut short when a light knock hit the door. With her head resting on it, Kareena jumped back from the loud pounding her head took.

Sucking in her bottom lip, she didn't know if she should answer the door.

At this point, there could be anyone behind it.

Luckily, not just anyone had a specific sweet boyish voice filled with charm.

"Kareena, are you in there? it's m-ah!"

There was a slight yell from Minho when the door opened slightly and he was pulled inside before he could even think.

"Hey..." she looked down at the white-tiled floor as her meek voice filled the silence between them.

"Hey."

As the two of them stood in front of one another, complete silence filled the space between them. Neither of them knew what to do or say.

Do you, uh... do you want to talk about it?" Minho finally asked.

Letting out a prolonged breath, Kareena marched over and hopped the kitchen sink, sitting over the granite counter next to the porcelain sink.

Smoothing the bottom of her dress, so she could sit comfortably, Kareena answered, "not- uh, not really."

Minho watched as she swung her legs, kicking off her heels in the process. "Do you wanna talk about something else?" He suggested.

It struck Kareena that this was her chance, talking to him about anything. Before she could stop herself or put her words more adequately, they slipped out. "Do you really have a fiancé?"

Minho shifted uncomfortably, looking down at his hands. Kareena had noticed the change in atmosphere.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked-"

"Yeah... I... I really do have a fiancé."

Kareena couldn't help the amount of words that came out in the form of gushing. "Oh my goodness! What's she like? How'd you meet? How long have you been together? Tell me everything!" She squealed out in one breath.