Chapter Twenty-Eight~ Terrible Trauma & Rainbow Llamas

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Oliver's thoughts came to an end when the ride did. In a blink of an eye, Kareena went from being on the horse next to him to on the ground waiting for him.

Linking arms with him as soon as he got off, Kareena pulled him along to the kissing booth where they heard Sixth pleading with Nastasia to kiss him and her countlessly rejecting him.

"Hey, guys!" Kareena greeted the three of them with a friendly wave, but all they saw was her attached to Oliver's side.

"Hey, what are you two up to?" Sixth wiggled his eyebrows cockily, turning his head away from Nastasia-for the first time since entering the fairgrounds- to look at the sight in front of him.

"We're just hanging out," Kareena answered. To her, she didn't see what everyone else saw, she was completely unaware she was still holding onto Oliver. It seemed so natural she forgot.

"Uh-huh..." Sixth and Nastasia skeptically answered at the same time.

From there, Sixth took the lead in the investigation. "Oliver, weren't you wearing sneakers earlier." He pointed out, "sneakers that look exactly like the ones on Kareena's feet."

"Ah, yes." Nastasia picked up. "Kari, were you not wearing boots this morning? The ones that look exactly like the ones Oliver is now wearing."

When the group was unusually silent-Kareena and Oliver contemplating their answers while Aidan, Sixth, and Nastasia awaited the answer-Kareena opened her mouth to speak.

But when words were up in the air, they didn't come from her mouth.

"Kari wore the wrong shoes, her heels were blistering, so I made her trade." Oliver answered shortly.

Nastasia clapped her hands with glee as she came out from behind her booth and grabbed Oliver's other arm, squealing in the process. "Oh, that is just so adorable! You just got twenty-two percent more attractive."

As she let go of them, she took the phone out of Kareena's hand. Before the teen could ask why her phone was taken, Nastasia squealed once more, "Pictures!"

Suddenly, it was like the paparazzi had found them. Nastasia took pictures of the two who looked like a couple, Aidan, and even Sixth. The group took a photo together before giving Kareena her phone back.

"Please, one kiss. One kiss is all I'm asking." Sixth went back to begging the minute Nastasia went back behind the booth.

"Read my lips," she pointed to her mouth and began exaggerating and enunciating, "I. Have. The. Right. To. Refuse. Service. To. Anyone."

It was then that Kareena felt her stomach churn. It occurred to her that she hadn't eaten since breakfast.

Tugging on the sleeve of Oliver's overcoat, she asked if they could go and find something to eat. He, of course, said yes, but it wasn't just because he was also hungry.

Grabbing two corn dogs and a strawberry chocolate funnel cake, the pair made their way to one of the wooden picnic tables.

As the two sat down, happily munching on the food, it wasn't until they were slightly full and sharing the funnel cake, that they began talking.

"I moved to Queens Valley when I started eleventh grade. My dads came over and started a law firm. Two years ago, my older sister, Anita, started University at Queens State. I became friends with Sixth shortly after meeting Sean. It started by me tutoring him in math." Oliver went on to explain most of his backstory. Then he posed a question, Kareena was unprepared for.