Chapter Twelve~ The Tale of Tommy St. James

・゚: *・゚:* 💎 *:・゚*:・゚

Finally able to get his friends to sit back down and eat the freshly baked biscuits. Minho let out a breath of relief he didn't know he was holding in, that was until Kareena came back.

Sixth's eyes widened as he watched her walk back over to her friends.

"We shouldn't bother her," Oliver muttered, trying his best to act casual and avoid watching her at the same time.

Sixth grinned at Oliver's suggestion. "You're right. Why should we have to go up to her when we can just eavesdrop on their conversation." He said, pulling his friends behind the divider so he could better hear their conversation.

Clapping his hands over both Oliver and Minho's panicked mumbles, he forced them down.

Kareena let out a sigh as she plopped down on the spare chair next to Nastasia. "Ah, it's finally over."

Aidan noticed her tense stature as she continued to look over her shoulder, it was as if she was afraid someone was coming after her. "Are you okay? You've been gone for some time." He asked.

"Oh, it's nothing... I ran into that guy you tackled last night." She nodded over at Zion, causing Nastasia to look at him and Aidan to snap his fingers.

"I knew I saw him somewhere!" Aidan grinned before looking at Zion-like the rest of them.

Zion asked what they were looking at him for. Which only made them more concerned. Why couldn't he remember Jin, he was the one who had gotten up close and personal.

"What? I'm supposed to remember everyone I tackle." He raised his brows.

"Uhm... kind of. Kareena answered, wondering if it was not the most obvious answer.

"Just a little," Aidan added, trying to make him feel a little better.

Nastasia, however, felt no need to try and make Zion feel better about his stupidity. "I think you have taken one too many footballs to the head."

As they all continued talking, Zion had brought up the dance that was coming at the end of the week.

"So the all-night dance is this Friday." He prompted.

"Yeah, I know, I'm the one planning it," Kareena answered as she ate home fries off of Nastasia's plate.

Underneath the divider, a look of intrigue crossed Minho's face as he looked towards his friends. "What's the all-night dance?" He whispered.

"The track team is hosting a dance this Friday night. All the proceeds go to help the construction students build tiny houses for the homeless." Oliver explained.

"It starts at seven o'clock Friday night and runs until seven the next morning. They did a really good job planning it- dancing, karaoke, gaming, lounging, they even have a basketball game going." Sixth went on into detail.

After finishing their side conversation, they listened more to the conversation above them.

Kareena was questioning why her friends were staring at her.

"Did you forget what you said last year?" Zion asked.

"Uhm... yes?" She answered, trying to think if it was anything important that she had forgotten.

"You said you would take a date to the next major dance... well, this dance is that dance," Aidan explained, reminding her of the pinky promise she made.