Chapter Thirty-Two~ Just Can't Stay Away

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 💎 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A lovely melody of piano keys filled the dance floor. It was a soft and smooth tune. Couples swayed to the song as they looked lovingly into their partner's eyes.

That was the opposite for a certain pair in the middle of the dance floor.

Kareena stood there, staring at the hand that was stretched out in front of her. However, she wasn't the only one taken aback by Jin's gesture. Women and men of the company stopped and gathered near the pairing.

Kareena could feel ice freezing her legs to the ground, it started to break when she spoke up. "Mr. Park, you've made your point, I don't embarrass you. We should go now." She pointed behind her, ready to retreat from the seeking eyes.

Jin tilted his head, it wasn't until now that he had considered a different possibility. "Miss Acharya, is it possible you are embarrassed by me?"

"What? No, of course not." She waved her hands rapidly to stop him from getting the wrong idea. Dropping her head, the flashing lights shone over her silky hair. "I just... don't like this, you're using dancing with me as an excuse to prove to yourself that you're not self-involved." She said, turning around to leave.

Jin stepped out and grabbed her arm, spinning her around to face him. Kareena felt heat rise up her cheeks, it was hard to tell what was causing it: the people looking or the man in front of her.

No words came out of her mouth, Jin took this chance to pull her closer to him. Kareena was stunned, all she could do was breathe as he moulded her into a dancing position. Fixing her arms, so that one was around his shoulder while the other was in his, she tensed when she felt his free arm rest on her hip.

"I ca-can't dance." She froze, an embarrassing shade of red covering her dark cheeks as she looked away from him.

"That's all right, I'll lead. Just breathe and relax your posture." He instructed her. "I'm not dancing with you to prove to myself or anyone that I can. I'm dancing with you because I want to." He explained. Kareena stopped looking at her feet, which were stepping on Jin's, and looked up to meet Jin's gaze.

"You look..."

When his voice trailed off to find the right words to describe her, Kareena couldn't help but fill in. "Non-traditional? Inappropriate? Back alley stripper-ish?" She listed the words others described her as.

Jin shook his head. "No, where on earth did you hear things like that?" He questioned. Kareena was silent, so he moved along, "No. You look dazzling."

When the words filled her ears, Kareena's brown eyes went round. Was that a compliment? She questioned in her head. Before she could thank him or question him, her shoe landed on his.

A groan slipped from his mouth, Kareena ducked her head and apologized profusely. With every stride they took, she felt her body harden like a rock.

"I-I can't... this- it's just- everything's so awkward. Everyone's looking at us." She was beginning to panic, something Jin caught on to.

Jin dropped his hand from hers, Kareena was confused for a moment before she had felt it raise her head. "Don't worry so much. After all, you are the one who goes through life noticed."

"That's not the point. I should just go- besides, stay friends with me long enough, and you'll come to realize a lot of what I say will contradict itself." She turned her head back, seeing how far she would have to go and how many people would see her run off the dance floor.

It would have been a lot, everyone had stopped what they were doing to see Jin, the man who never showed any interest in women or anything other than his business, dance with a girl who was definitely not an heiress.