Dress Shopping

"Oh come on Abby," Claire pleaded, "come dress shopping with me, you know how important the spring dance is to me, I need your help choosing a sexy dress!"

Not having slept the night before, Abby was not in the mood to go shopping with her friend. "I'm very tired Claire, I didn't sleep well last night!"

"You say you are my best friend and I'm holding you to that!" Claire said firmly, "you get dressed and be ready when I come over, we are going dress shopping and I'm not taking a no for an answer!"

Abby rolled her eyes, "Ok I'll come, but you owe me one!"

"I'll be there in ten minutes!" Claire chirped happily.

The line went dead and Abby dropped her phone on the bed and hurriedly got up to dress. Grabbing whatever she found on the chair near her desk, she dressed and then looked for her yellow gym shoes. Slipping into them, she then went to the bathroom to brush her teeth and comb her hair, the doorbell rang just as she placed her brush on the sink.

Running down the stairs, she opened the kitchen door and smiled weakly, "how did you get here so fast?"

"I'm so excited!" Claire squealed, "I'm going to find a dress that will blow Jeff's mind!"

"I'm sure Jeff's mind will be blown in whatever you choose to wear Claire," Abby told her, "you are a beautiful girl and he is one lucky man!"

Claire was smiling from ear to ear and Abby was glad to see her friend so happy. "You look happy Claire."

"I've never been happier," Claire admitted, "I'm so in love with Jeff and I think he is also in love with me too, he called me this morning and asked me to meet him for lunch at the hot dog joint tomorrow, oh Abby I'm so happy, do you think he will finally ask me to be his girlfriend?"

Guilt wrapped around Abby's heart, yesterday Jeff was pleading with her to accept his love, he told her he loved her again and he asked her to be his girlfriend, of course she denied him and lectured him on how Claire would make him a fine girlfriend.

"I think yes," Abby told her, "he'd be lucky to have a girlfriend as pretty and charming as you are!"

"The dance is next week, I can't wait!" Claire exclaimed, "I'm going to sleep with him Abby, I love him and will give myself to him after the dance."

Abby's heart skipped a beat, "No Claire, it's much too soon to be thinking like that!"

She knew Jeff was not in love with Claire and it would break Claire's heart if she gave herself to Jeff and then he dumped her.

"I know but I love him and if I give myself to him he might fall in love with me too!"

"Oh no Claire, that's not true," she exclaimed, "a man doesn't love a woman because he sleeps with her, a man loves a woman because she is his everything. They fall in love with them because they are beautiful to them on the inside just as much as the outside, and you have both to offer Jeff, you are very beautiful inside and out!"

"Abby if he tries to get into my panties on the day of the dance I promise you that I will let him!" Claire said adamantly, "it's a chance of a life time and I'm not going to let it pass me by doing nothing!"

Heartsick by Claire's words, Abby made a mental note to have a long talk with Jeff. He had better not use Claire or she will threaten to never speak to him ever again, she thought.

As they walked to the boutique's in the downtown area of the small city of Park Ridge, Claire was getting excited by the minute, "I want a fiery red dress, with low cut neckline around the bust area and my entire back open!"