Aircrafts

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat with Fry, Newt, and Minho overlooking safe haven with a satisfied silence over us. Thomas climbed up to join us "I wish Alby could have seen this," Newt says looking out "and Winston," Fry adds "and Gally," I stay "and Chuck," Thomas finishes staring at the small wooden carving still stained in my brother blood. "He would be proud of you, you know Tommy," Newt told Thomas and I nod, "my brother thought the world of you," I tell him my eyes looking over the small wooden figure. 

"Hey, Aris!" Fry calls waving down to Aris who sat and talked with Harriett and Sonya down below. "Hey, guys!" he calls back up to us, "you know I kinda like that kid," Fry tells us smiling "yeah, I still don't trust him though," Minho adds sarcastically causing me to laugh slightly. "Where's Teresa?" Thomas asks his eyes scanning over the crowd below unable to locate her. "I think she went up there," Newt said gesturing behind him up the mountain a little way. We could see her silhouette from here but that was it.

Thomas stood to go and talk with her, and I smiled at him going after her. "Maybe now they can confess their feelings," I say looking away from Thomas's retreating form and over to Fry. He laughs "I remember when you and Gally were two stupid shanks hiding your feelings," Fry jokes and I shrug him off "slim it, that was different," I laugh and I rake my fingers through my hair remembering those secret days where we couldn't even admit it to ourselves.

I missed the feel of his fingers through my hair, and I decided I needed to say goodbye to one more thing before I could really enjoy safe haven. "Minho, help me out," I tell him handing him my knife bracelet and he looks at me confused "cut my hair," I tell him and he shrugs coming closer to begin cutting off the short hair. "Why are you cutting your hair?" Fry asked and I smile "it's a Gally thing," is all I say as Minho finishes handing me back the knife. I couldn't keep my hair long or even mid-length without the thought of his fingers running through it and twisting it into braids coming back.

"You look like Brenda," Newt says and I smile "I hope you just mean the hair and not crank changing," I tell him sarcastically causing them to laugh. That was it, as soon as my bracelet is secured on my wrist a missile hits the camp. I jump to my feet, no, no, no this can't be happening, I think to myself as we all charge down to the camp to grab something do something. I'm not going back, is the only cohesive thought running through my mind as I look for something to save myself.

It was chaos as WICKED dropped down, "Mom!" I called out trying to find her I wouldn't lose her again. I was grabbed before I knew what hit me and attempted to drag me away, but I wasn't doing this shit again. I pop my knife out and stab his hand and he lets go screaming out in pain, but as I sprint away Janson grabs me. "You're not going anywhere," he tells me pointing his gun at my stomach, at my baby. I drop my knife and he smiles "good girl, now move," he tells me leaning me back to the others. He pushes me onto my knees next to Fry, and I glare at him as he walks away. 

As they begin to scan our necks I can see my mom and she looks at me with confident eyes, she was fearless, and I hoped my eyes looked half as confident as her's did. They push my head down and I hear the man behind me read off A10, and I jerk my head away in disgust. "How many did we get?" Janson asks a man with a clipboard as if we aren't people at all to him. "All of the give or take a few," the man states marking off numbers as people read them out. "Give or take what?" Janson asks his eyes going over us "well they lost a few," the man tells him and Janson smiles. 

I wanted to stand and punch him right there, but whatever I did my baby would pay for it. "Where's Thomas?" Janson asks looking to our group for an answer "right here!" I hear Thomas call coming up with his hands in surrender. I stare at him in disbelief, Thomas is dragged in front of Janson "Thomas," Janson says faking happiness before he punches Thomas in the gut. "Get him in line!" Janson tells the guards who'd been scanning us, and Thoma was sat next to Minho at the end of our row. Janson then walked over to the man who had been checking off numbers and whispered something to him.