Safe Haven

This is a short chapter of what life was like in safe haven.

(Y/n)'s POV

It had been one year, one year in safe haven, now called the island of new hope. It was everything I could have dreamed of. I stand on a small porch of a hut that Gally built for us and our son Eli, Eli was born two weeks after arriving in safe haven. It was good timing all of our friends were freaking out. Minho and Gally basically carried me to Mina for her to deliver the baby. It was something I never imagined how cute it would be to have the former gladers frantic around us as I began labor.

I hold Eli in my arms gently as he sleeps, it was still early Gally was still in bed. But I love these early mornings where everything is quiet and it's just me and my family. I feel two warm arms encircle my waist and I laugh lightly not to wake Eli "I thought you were still asleep," I whisper to Gally who's looking down at our son. "I missed you," he tells me pressing a kiss to my cheek. "I was thinking about something," Gally tells me, and I knew exactly what he was going to say. "What is it?" I ask him my eyes drifting to his "we should have another baby, a girl, so I can braid her hair too," Gally says and I smile. 

"That wouldn't be to bad," I tell him and I look back down at Eli "What do you think, Eli? Do you want to be a big brother?" I ask him and the sweet boy barely even stirs at the mention of his name to deep in sleep to care what we're saying to him. "I think that's a yes," Gally says causing me to laugh at him.

I stare into Gally's eyes for a long moment taking in every beautiful feature. "I love you Gally," I tell him and he smiles down at me "I love you too (Y/n)," he answers before pressing a passionate kiss to my lips. 

Safe haven was exactly like I had dreamt it would be and I loved every second of it. I loved standing here with my son and my husband, being in love and safe. Know that we can make our own decisions and they don't hold the possibility of death. This was everything we deserved and so much more.

Thank you to everyone who has read these books! I have appreciated the support through comments and votes! I'm sad that it's coming to an end, but this has encouraged me to finish my other books, so look for updates on my Newt book: Love In The Scorch, and my Minho book: Lightning! Thank you again, I love you all!