** TWENTY **

"Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” –
John C. Maxwell

***** 

      JEDEKAIH AND YASMINE left the recreational area of the school to the senior block building. P. E period was almost over so they decided to head back to class. Yasmine explained some of the things that happened at her neighbor's birthday party to Jedekaih as they head to class. He listened attentively like he always do as they walked back to their class.

They were stopped short along the hallway of the senior block where their class was located when someone suddenly bumped into Jedekaih almost tripping him to the floor but Yasmine was quick to hold him in place with a look of concern. Jedekaih appreciated and he steadied himself. He noticed the guy below him, probably picking something on the floor. His brows creased quizzical while a frown marred Yasmine face.

"Sorry sorry." The voice of the person that had bumped into him echoed below them. Then he stood upright with a baseball and a pen in his hand. He waved it slightly at them indicating that it had fallen to the ground. And he had bent over to pick it up from the floor. "I'm sorry. Wasn't looking where I was going." He apologized again and a light chuckles accompanied the statement.

"What is so funny about this?" Yasmine snapped at him and he turned to look at her, the smile disappearing off his face. "You're so gullible for how you look." Yasmine insulted with a sneer.

"Yaz," Jedekaih whispered, touching her hand but his eyes was on the other boy, flashing him a small apologetic smile.

"What?" She also snapped at Jedekaih. He didn't seem offended rather he gave her a look indicating she should calm down but she didn't. She still looked annoyed.

"I'm sorry." The boy apologized again. More to Yasmine rather than to Jedekaih who he had bumped into. "I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry. I wasn't watching...."

"It's okay." Jedekaih cut him off before Yasmine will do. She will just hurl another insult at the poor guy if he didn't say something on time. "It's totally cool. I understand."

He heard Yasmine scoffed but he wasn't looking at her. The fair guy standing in front of him had a big appreciative smile on his face.

"Thanks." He appreciated.

"I like your camera. It's nice." Jedekaih commented looking at the brand new camera hanging on the boy's neck. It was to change the topic of discussion before Yasmine will add to it but also a sincere comment.

His grin grew wider while he looked down at the gadget hanging on his neck.

"Thanks man. You're the first person to notice it. It's actually a ....." The boy was saying but was interrupted by Yasmine.

"And who asked you?" Yasmine shut him up again with her angry question. The two boys turned to look at her. Jedekaih didn't look surprised but the other guy seem a little disappointed. Yeah, he was disappointed not angry. That Jedekaih noticed.

He tried defending himself . "I was..." But he wasn't allowed to finish.

"No one asked you for an explanation so get your fucking self out of the way." She said with exasperation dripping from her tone. Then she motioned with her hand and head for him to the leave their pathway to the classroom.

"Oh! Yeah," He said realizing that he was standing on the way. Then he flashed a big smile. "Sorry, my bad." Then he stepped out of the way.

Yasmine eyed him, exasperatedly, then said to Jedekaih. "Let's go Kai." And she began to walk away with her head high.