** FORTY-FOUR **

“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.”
— Amy Poehler

*****

THE BEACH IN Australia was alive with excitement and anticipation as night fell. Since it was New Year's Eve, the beach was packed with people who had come to celebrate.

The Coterie stood next to each other staring at the crowded beach. Since they were far from home, they had decided to spend their New Year's Eve the way they wanted.

Half an hour ago, they had dressed and gathered together in the living room at the beach house, and with the Limousine gotten for them, they had gone to the beach resort which Jedekaih's new friend Adelaide took them to.

They didn't expect to see so many people across albeit Adelaide had told them about it.

And at the moment, they were gathered on the sandy shore amidst a swirl of revelry and excitement. Surrounding them, different families, both white and black, had come together to celebrate the imminent arrival of a new year.

They stood, watching in astonishment at their environment.

The air was filled with the scent of saltwater and the sound of laughter, as tanned bodies bathed in the warm glow of light from the string lights, fireworks, and lanterns.

Beach blankets, beach chairs, and colorful umbrellas dotted the shoreline, creating a patchwork tapestry of cheer.

Music thumped from speakers, mingling with the sound of crashing waves, as people danced and twirled.

The lighting was stunning. Strings of colorful lights glowed and intertwined in the trees, creating a magical and festive ambiance. Lanterns hung from the branches of trees, emitting a soft and warm glow that bathed the beach and brought the shadows to life.

The sand was teeming with life and movement. The crowd gathered in groups, laughing and talking animatedly. Music filled the air, encouraging people to dance and sing along. Children ran gleefully along the beach, playing games and spreading their laughter.

The water was a treat for the senses. It reflected the lights and the colors of the environment, creating a mesmerizing and beautiful sight.

Small waves gently broke against the shore, creating a white foam that dissipated into the sand.

People carried with them the festive spirit of the New Year. Their laughter and voices filled the air as they raised their glasses and celebrated together. The beach buzzed with energy, with friends and families enjoying each other's company.

Every now and then, flashes could be seen in the sky. They were fireworks, bursting in a dazzling display of colors and lights. The crowd applauded and cheered, marveling at the pyrotechnic spectacle.

"Wow! This is beautiful!" Yasmine and Chinecherem chorused.

"I can't agree less," Jared remarked with a grin on his face.

Their faces shone with excitement as they watched their vibrant surroundings.

"Let's find a place to sit," Adelaide suggested in her Latino tone. The others nodded in agreement and she led the way for them, as they moved past the excited crowd.

The Coterie finally found a spot close to the sea and they agreed to sit there. They took off their shoes and gathered gathered near the shoreline.

Laughter filled the air as they set up their spot, surrounded by a multitude of other beachgoers anxiously awaiting the arrival of a new year.