** EIGHT **

"A woman is like a tea bag, you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in a hot water." -
Eleanor Roosevelt.

******

              A LADY IN a tight denim jeans and pink shirt entered into a semi empty spacious room with table settings that look like that of a cafeteria. The room was meant to entertain visitors by any member of the company. Even the boss do the same when her friends or relatives come around instead of her office. Just like that moment when she was entertaining her sister.

She took short stride toward the two women sitting opposite each other on one of the tables in the room. She nodded a greeting to the much younger lady about her own age or probably a little older than her. And she responded with a small smile that didn't reach her eyes which was surprising to the lady. But she was in no position to ask because even the mood in the room wasn't like it used to be.

She dropped the tray of fruit juice and snacks that she had brought on the table between the two women. The elderly one which happened to be her boss lifted her head to acknowledge her.

"Thanks namesake." Lola appreciated the young lady with an appreciative smile.

"You're welcome ma." She smiled back and then, she left the two women in the room.

Lola was seated with her younger sister who wasn't looking so good to her. She looked exhausted and withdrawn and she was deeply concern about her. Since she arrived, she had seem gloomy, cracking no jokes or teasing her about being younger rather than older because her husband was extremely rich.

It seems unusual and awkward. But she hopes to change that.

"Tife, I bought some of the food I made for the kids this morning, do you want to eat that?" She asked the lady sitting opposite her, watching her with a studious eyes.

She doesn't like how she looks and it worries her. Just like the disturbing call she had with her two days ago when she said she was coming to see her in Abuja.

"I'm not hungry big sis." Tife waved it off.

"You always nag about missing my food and cooking and now you are throwing away the rare chance of having a taste of it." She teased her with a smirk but she didn't reply with any sassy reply like she expected or a beaming smile.

She looked sad and didn't give a reply. That made her more concerned. One thing Tife love most is her food. She wasn't a great one or love the idea of cooking unlike her twin. So she love to appreciate good food from others. And hers wasn't an exceptional.

She had made extra dishes because she had informed her that she was coming over that day, bringing it along with her lunch to the office. But looks like the effort was about to go to waste.

Lola drew in a breath and tried to remain optimistic. Maybe after a few times of sharing thoughts, she will finally want to have a taste.

So Lola said instead with concern dripping from her voice. "Boluwatife, do you want to tell me? What is wrong? You came all the way from Portharcourt looking so gloomy. We  aren't having any celebration but you leave your work and home to come here to see me. And I am grateful for the rare occasion but you are not happy the way I thought you will be. What is it that you can't tell me on the phone?"

Boluwatife was quiet. She looked out through the wide window of the room overlooking the busy streets below. 

"I don't know what to do sister Lola." She breathed out after what seems like long hours of torturing seconds to Lola. She had been praying within her that she will open up. She knew that something had been bothering her for a while and she was keeping it from her which was so unusual of her.