** FORTY-ONE **

Hey, it's so good to be able to update today. How have you all been? Sorry for the long wait. Please bear with me.

So dive into the forty-one chapter of The Billionaire Coterie and enjoy.

Happy Reading!!!

“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali

*****

             JEDEKAIH AND CHINECHEREM sat in the emergency room, watching the doctor stitch Zayn's wound on the cheek and forehead. When the man was done, he asked the nurse with him to give them the prescription and assured Zayn that he was fine.

After the doctor left, the three friends sat for a while, watching the event going on in the hospital.

"I don't like hospital," Jedekaih complained with a cringed expression. "I think we should get out of here now."

"I think the same way," Chinecherem seconded.

"I can see it in you two that you don't like hospital. Most especially you, Kai." Zayn noted.

Jedekaih agreed with a nod, picking up his sling bag from the bed.

"Yeah, I don't," Jedekaih agreed. "You seem too comfortable in here, you know."

"I visited the hospital a lot of times when I was younger. I was always getting sick. My aunties thought I was a sickler but I am not. I just won't get better if I am not brought to the hospital."

"Oh, really?"

"Yes."

He admitted. It was the only time his mother would call and speak with him on the phone. Because his grandmother would call her and tell her that her son was in the hospital and was very sick.

She would agree to talk to him on the phone. Though at first, she would reprimand him for putting his grandmother and everyone in worry, but then she would ask him to get well on time so he can leave the hospital. Those words sometimes do the magic because he would get better afterward and be discharged.

"Whatever, let's just get out of here."

They all agreed and then they went to pay the cashier, Jedekaih paid the bills then they left the hospital together. The sun was blazing hot in the sky. Fortunately for them, they were putting on light and comfortable clothes. Sydney was usually hot at that time of the year and you see people flaunting their sun dresses. It was the reason why most Australians living in Sydney love beaches and have tan skin.

"It's a few hours to New Year," Jedekaih stated, staring at the busy road ahead.

"Yeah,"

"How is the New Year going to be?

"I don't know," Chinecherem replied, shrugging. "Things are really awkward with the Coterie at the beach house."

"That's right. I wonder how it going to be."

"Yeah,"

"Why do you keep smiling since we left the house, Neche? You look excited," Zayn asked curiously. He narrowed his eyes as he gazed at his friend.