01.05.01

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮
𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗺𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀

𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻
𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺
𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗲𝗴𝗼
𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵

𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝗮 𝘀𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗮 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺𝗜 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝘁 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗲𝗴𝗼𝗜 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝘆 𝗶𝘁'𝘀 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵

I told Sarah everything about JJ and I.

At first she was shocked but then she thought it was super cute that he cares so much.

We were now sitting on our phones at the island in the kitchen when Wheezie walked in.

"You're not dressed?"

"No, we're not going." Sarah stated.

"We aren't?-" Sarah gave me a look. "I mean— we aren't." I covered.

"I mean, it's midsummers. You two have been talking about Midsummers since last year. You have dates, remember?" Wheezie says.

"Yes, we remember." Sarah responds rolling her eyes and Wheezie turns to Rose who had just walked in.

"They say they're not going." And Rose scoffs.

"The hell they aren't. You're father is being coronated as Guardian of Knights of the Rhododendron. You two are going."

"You're not our mother, we don't have to do what you tell us." I snap back.

"Whatever. Your daughters say they're not going." Rose says to dad who just happen to walk in.

"Um..." "Sarah and Sydney are off Topper and Jake, jojo." Wheezie says and we lookat her stunned.

"Wheezie, please. Go. Thank you very much. What's goin' on?" Dad turns to us as Wheezie leaves.

"I just... don't feel like Topper is my splinter bean." Sarah says picking at her nails.

"And Jake's just being... Jake." I say.

"I don't know exactly what that means and why don't you two go together? Walk in like the best set of twins out there." Dad says with the first part referring to the 'splinter bean' thing Sarah said.

"Yeah. We don't need stupid little boys." I say and Sarah nods.

"You should dump Jake. He's rude. I don't like him."

"Maybe just not tonight, though. Maybe you could, I don't know—"

"I just don't want to go with topper." Sarah complains. Yay not on the Jake subject.