01.07.02

She called Rafe when she didn't feel like walking anymore to come pick her up

She called Rafe when she didn't feel like walking anymore to come pick her up. After a bit Syd saw her brothers motorcycle speed down the road until it showed down to stop for her.

"Yo, why you call?" Rafe asks taking his helmet off.

"Because I didn't wanna walk home and I need a break." Syd replied as Rafe picked up the extra helmet on the back of the bike.

"Cool. Get on let's go. We going to hang out with a couple friends." He smiles as he puts Syd's helmet on for her and then his. Sydney then gets on the back of the bike.

Rafe roars the engine before taking off.

S Y D N E Y

"Uh, can you put this on Cameron, Ward? Cameron, W-A-R-D?" Rafe asks one of the waitresses as like a tab as I drink beer with Topper and we're talking about how Jake has been trying to get really close to my dad after he apologized. Just then kelce walks over.

"Hey, bro." He says to Rafe. "You think you-know-who, they're scronking yet?" He laughs. Huh? Ohhhhh Sarah.

"Shut, yo—" Rafe starts.

"Hey. What's that sound? What's that? They're making that sound." Kelce starts clapping his hands.

"You think I wanna hear this right now?" Topper says to him then looks at me. "Come on, man." Topper says to Rafe.

"Why not?"

"I'm trying to get my mind off it. You think I wanna hear this right now, Rafe?"

"Calm down." I say as Top starts stomping around. He's a stomper.

"We're just trying to make you feel better." Rafe says.

"It's not funny. How is it funny? That's like me mentioning Jake." Top and Rafe go quiet while I just stand there as Kelce looks confused.

"Fuck, Jake." He looks at me then back at Top. "This jokes on her. Look who she's with." Rafe says talking about Sarah just then a vehicle approaches.

"Who's that?" I ask walking up next to Rafe but when I see that it's Berry.

"I have to go to the bathroom."

~~

I find myself walking back and forth thinking in front of Johnb's house just when I see a truck pull up with Kie and pope in it.

"Syd? Are you okay?" Kie says getting out of the truck and rushing over to me.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I'm just thinking." Just then all Fairy lights turn on around the trees and the three of us look confused at each other.

"What the hell?" Pope says.

"Who the hell is that?" Kie starts walking as pope and I  follow behind.

Jjs sitting in a hot tub with a bunch of shit layed out everywhere and popping a bottle of champagne.

"What did you do, JJ?" Pope asks.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now." He replies and we all look at him worried. "Y'all should get in immediately you hear me?" He says pouring glasses of champagne then drinking some from the bottle.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asks.

"Uh... well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery..." he slurs his words. "...pretty much all of it, yeah."

"All of it?"

"Yeah, all of it."

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope asks again as Kie and I just stand there in shock.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based massage therapy, that's what they told me. Syd, what?" He asks because I'm just looking at him in shock. "Can't a man a little luxury in life? Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'... I mean, like... guys, we— you only live once, right? Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on."

"In the what?" I ask.

"In the Cats Ass. That's what I named her. Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot." JJ says turning on a switch and a disco ball above the hot tub turns on. "Huh? Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!"

"Are you kidding me? You could have paid for restitution!" Pope asks.

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kie speaks up but I don't say anything and JJ looks at me.

"Syd...?"

"You could've done anything with that money and you chose this?" I ask a little upset.

"Okay, well, you know what? I didn't do any of that!" JJ says standing up in the hot tub and he has three huge bruises on his ribs/abs. We all look at him in shock.

"I hit a hot tub! For my friends." He says looking at me then back at the rest. "I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family!

"J..." I say heartbroken.

"What the hell?" Kie says also heartbroken.

"I got this for you. Guys, look what I didn't for you! All right. Look at this! Look at this!"

"JJ..." I say with tears in my eyes some starting to fall.

"No, you stop being emotional. It's fine, okay? I mean, it's sweet, right? Everything—" he starts before he breaks down I walking over to the hottub taking my sandles off to get in and I hug him.

"I just couldn't do it." He sobs as I hold him. "I can't take him anymore! I wanna gonna kill him." That when Kie and pope stop standing and come over to hug him too. "I just wanna do the right thing."

"I know. I know." I choke out.

~~

I told JJ to stay with me tonight and we had a long talk about us and he just wants to stay how it's is between us right now but no labels so basically friends with benefits i guess? It's whatever, your guess is as good as mine. I don't really care about labels, just as long as we're friends at least. You know?

it's now around 3 in the morning and i hear some footsteps going under my room. i roll over to see jj sleeping peacefully on his back just before i get up i give have a kiss on the cheek and roll off sliding my cow slippers on and quietly leaving my room. As im walking down stairs i hear john b and my dad moving some fishing equipment to our boat.

"dad?" i call out as i walk down the stairs rubbing my eye.

"hey, sweetie. what are you doing up?" he asks walking over to me. "are you okay?"

"yeah, i'm fine. i just heard some noise and it woke me up." i give him a small smile given that im still very tired.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. It's nothing to worry about, you better get back to bed, sweetheart." He says giving me a kiss on my forehead and i turn around walking back up stairs.

i get in my room and take my slippers off leaving them next to my bed and then snuggling up next to JJ.

words 1164