Chapter 7

(Laff POV)

I grabbed the wrench and went back to tightening some loose bolts in the side of the taser.

I can't believe they still trust Blaza. He's blinded them by making them think he's their friend, and that he "lost control" or whatever his excuse was.

And now A-117X is in the equation. What did he call her, Ally? How long have they even had these names?

Ally's one of those people that say they're friends, but will literally and physically stab you in the back maybe two seconds later. She was deathly accurate on the battlefield, especially with her gun, and possibly, just possibly, might be more dangerous than Blaza. And that's saying something, Blaza has a lot more abilities, more dangerous ones too.

Did Eli send Ally because he didn't think I could do this by myself? I thought he said this would be a solo mission.

I sighed. All this business was making my head feel like static. I set the wrench and the taser down and got up to go get a drink.

When I got to the sink, I carefully looked around to make sure no one was around before taking off my gas mask, revealing my face.

I set the mask away from the sink and filled a cup with water. Once I finished, I just looked up out of the window over the sink, where I could see my reflection.

It wasn't the face of a normal human being that stared back.

It was me, yeah. It always had been. But the half of my face that had been replaced with robotic parts always haunted me.

My mask was like that, too, for reasons I never understood, but I could cover that up easier. I had a masking device in it that hid the metal with a believable covering. Same with the rest of me- I'm hardly even half human, I'm more robot at this point.

"Laff?"

I snapped around to see Ally leaning against the wall, just inside the doorway.

"You good, bro?" She asked.

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Did Eli tell you about the change in plans?" Ally continued.

"Change in plans?" I questioned.

"It's why I'm here," Ally said, "He says he's tired of waiting for you to bring him back, and he's tired of trying to get him back in general. Eli sent me to help you try to kill him."

"Ally, I hate him as much as you do," I said, "But don't you think that's a bit harsh?"

Ally glared at me, her eyes narrowed. I saw her move her hand to the handle of her gun she kept concealed in her skirt.

"We have our purpose," she growled, "And we will fulfill it."

I scoffed. "You sound like every other older experiment. Always so serious about your missions."

Ally growled again. "Just finish the job. Before I do it myself."

------

Laff why would you do this-

470 words