Chapter 10

(Nadwe POV)

I woke up in a kind of prison cell surrounded by bulletproof glass instead of bars or walls. I started panicking. Where am I? What's happening? How'd I get here?

I looked around to see I was in a lab. A few scientists milled around, tapping at computers or carrying stuff across the room. I felt something around my neck, and my hand brushed some kind of shock collar-type thing.

I could see another glass cell next to me, where Blaza was lying on the ground inside.

"Blaza!" I shouted, even though he probably doesn't hear me, "Are you okay?"

"He's still out. He can't hear you."

I turned around to see someone standing outside my containment. His dark green eyes reminded me of Laff, and I shivered as I remembered how he shocked me until I passed out.

"My name is Eli," the man said, "What's your name?"

"N-Nadwe," I stuttered.

"Nice to meet you, Nadwe," Eli said, "You will be coming with me, so when we get you out, please make this easy and don't struggle."

He pulled something out of his pocket, and I saw that it was some kind of remote. He pressed a button, and a searing pain seemed to go straight to my brain. I bit my lip until it bled to stop from screaming.

Eli could still see my pain, however. "Hurts, doesn't it? That's what'll happen if you try to escape. So don't."

I breathed heavily, rubbing my neck where the shock came from. Guess I can't really escape while this thing is on me.

Eli sent two guys into my cell, and they both grabbed me by my arms. I wanted to fight back, but Eli kinda scared me. I just shut up and walked with them.

As we walked away, I looked behind me and saw that Blaza was awake. He was looking at me in panic as the two people took me away to do whatever they were gonna do to me.

——————————

(Blaza PoV)

I watched desperately as the two guards took Nadwe away, down the hall.

Something told me that was the last time I would see him human.

I turned and saw Eli looking at the doorway where he had disappeared. I growled.

"You happy now?" I snarled, "Now that you've just taken an innocent child for experimentation?"

I felt an intense shock-like pain go up and down my neck, and I screeched, falling to my knees. Eli turned around, and I saw a remote in his hand, where he was holding down a button. He let it off, and the pain dulled to a throb.

"Yes," he said, "We are contributing to the very definition of modern science. We are changing the world."

I growled. "That's one way to put it," I muttered, and another shock went up my neck. I hissed in pain, and Eli smiled.

"You never learn, 1424," he said, "But you will. I know you will."

Eli called over two guards and gestured to me. "Take him to lab 27," he stated, "Shock him if he doesn't listen."

The two guards nodded, and typed in a code on my containment cell to open the door. I backed up into the corner and growled softly. I saw Eli move his hand to the button outside the cell, and I just sighed and let the two guards take hold of me as they dragged me down the hallway.

—————————

(Laff PoV)

"So, this is Section 5?" Meme said. It took two days to drive to Section 5, but now Meme was pulling up to the government complex.

"This is it," I said, "And Meme, I'm gonna have to take the wheel when we get up there."

"Why?" Meme questioned.

"They know me, and are definitely more likely to let us in if I'm the one driving," I explained. Meme nodded, and we pulled over on the side of the road to switch positions.

Once Meme and I had switched seats, I put my foot on the pedal and drove forward until we reached the front gate. I stopped there, where there were some military soldiers on guard at the entrance. One of them knocked on the window, and I rolled it down.

"Do you have military permission to enter the facility?" The guard asked.

"Yes," I said, and brought my voice to a dull whisper as to not alert the others in the car, "Did Eli tell you guys I was coming?"

"Oh! Right," he said, and pressed the button on the gate to open it, "Sorry. Thought you'd be later."

I nodded, and I drove into the facility slowly.

When we were inside, I found a parking space and stopped the car there, letting everyone out. I led them to a building on the left of us, and went into the door where I knew I told Eli I would meet him.

And sure enough, he was standing there.

"So, these are the friends you told me about?" Eli said. I saw that Meme and the others were backing up towards the door, and I held up my hand to stop them.

"Laff, what're you doing?!" He whispered.

I just ignored him. "Yes. As I promised."

"Promised?" Tbh muttered behind me.

I turned around and looked at the others, who were looking at me in confusion.

I chuckled. "I just wanna say, this was never personal."

I let one of my robotic tentacles reach around them and lock the door behind them. I grabbed Muffin and dragged him over to Eli.

"Put him with the other kid," I said, "He'll be happy for a reunion."

I turned back to the others, who were staring at me in horror.

"L-Laff?" Meme stuttered, "What are you doing?"

"Like I said," I said, letting my second tentacle release. "It was never personal."

I wrapped one tentacle around Tbh and Meme, and another around Dino and Woolfster. When they struggled, I sent a channel of electricity down both, shocking them.

"Enough," Eli said. I grunted and stopped the shock, allowing them to breathe. "Don't want them to be dead by the time we commence the first tests."

Meme turned to me, breathing heavily and tears in his eyes. "Laff... how could you?"

"Duty calls," I retorted. "Now shut up."

I sent a small shock, not enough to hurt him, but enough to get him to be quiet. He gasped suddenly, and remained silent.

I turned to Eli. "Where do you want them?"

"Keep them in the old containment units," Eli said, "I'll keep this one somewhere else."

As I took them away, I heard Muffin shouting at Eli.

"Let me go! I wanna go home!"

"Muffin!" Woolf shouted after him, and I gave him a zap. He yelped in surprise.

"I said. Shut. Up." I stated, "Seriously, you guys are worse than Blaza."

"Where is Blaza?!" Meme shouted at me, "And Nadwe?!"

"Oh, they're here, and they're safe," I replied, "You'll see them both soon enough."

---------------

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

1115 words