Epilogue

(Blaza PoV)

I parked the car and hopped out, closing the door behind me. The warm summer air had a chill to it, foreshadowing the autumn to follow. I shivered, and pulled my hood over my head.

I walked up the hill until I came up on a large sycamore tree at the top. At the base was a gray headstone, with an orange marigold planted in front of it, swaying in the gentle breeze.

I knelt down in front of the gravestone and sighed.

"Hey, Socks," I whispered, "How've you been doing?"

No answer. I didn't expect one, for I was basically talking to a large rock.

"Yeah, thought so," I said. I remained silent for a moment before continuing, "Sorry I don't visit you much. I get busy, and then just... Y'know."

I felt something lightly fall into my head, and I gently pulled a leaf from atop my hoodie. It was hued an orange-red color that reminded me of autumn. I spun it around in my claws and smiled as I let it go, watching it as it danced in the late summer breeze.

I slowly got up and gave Sock's grave one last look.

"I miss you, Socks," I sighed. And at that, I strolled back down the hill, my tentacles trailing behind me as I prepared to drive back home.

——————
Ya think it's over?
NOPE WE GOT ONE MORE THING

238 words