Flashback #2, about 6 years before the prologue

(3rd Person PoV)

A small house on the corner of the street. Nothing special about it, just a little house, home to a family of three. It was four at one point, but that's another story.

A van pulled up to the house. Someone looked out the window, seeing the van. He immediately closed the curtains and rushed to the other room, alerting his wife. She stood up from where she sat on the bed and picked up the small child, about four years old, that sat next to her. The child eagerly obliged, thinking they were going somewhere fun.

She carried her young son into another room and opened the closet, then opened the large cabinet at the bottom. Usually, it's be where the laundry basket was kept, but she set the basket aside and sat the child in the cabinet.

The child looked up at her, his blue eyes filled with confusion.

"Mommy? Why am I in the cwoset?" He asked, having trouble pronouncing the L in "closet."

"Just don't move from this spot until I or daddy comes for you, alright?" She explained.

The child, still confused, nodded, and sat with his knees drawn to his chest in the cabinet. The mother closed the cabinet and the closet carefully, and ran into the living room.

The father stood at the doorway, speaking to a man with a lab coat, brown hair and glasses. His green eyes were sparked with aggression.

"Sir, we are here on behalf of the United States Government," the man explained, his voice sounding British, "We have a warrant to enter your facility, so if you would kindly move aside, we will do what we came here for and leave."

"Well, what did you come here for?!" The father asked.

"It is an important piece of our newest little 'project,'" the man said.

Still, the father did not budge.

The man sighed. I don't have time for this, he thought. He turned and nodded to two soldier guards behind him. They nodded, and stepped forward to hold the other guy back as to allow him through. The father tried to escape their grip, but one of them pulled out a taser and jabbed it into his side. He yelped in pain, and hung limp.

The mother, who had been watching the entire scene from the other room, cried out, "Paul!"

"Don't worry, he's only temporarily paralyzed," the intruding man said. He turned to her. "Now, please hand him over."

She didn't show it, but the mother's mind filled with dread. She knew they had come for him, yet she had prayed that they hadn't.

"I-I'm afraid I don't know what you speak of," she said, her fear penetrating her voice.

"You think I'm an idiot?" The man asked.

The mother just glared at him.

Meanwhile, in the other room, the small child was starting to get worried.

He was getting claustrophobic in the small space, and heard shouting outside. His dad, then his mom, then some other stranger that sounded unfamiliar to him.

Who is this stranger? Why is he here? And why is everyone shouting?

These thoughts pondered his mind as he stayed, still as a rock, in the cabinet, attempting to breathe as quietly as possible.

Soon, he heard footsteps coming into the room outside. He squeezed his eyes shut in fear, praying that the scariness would end soon.

Walking into the room was the intruder and some more soldier guards. The child's mother was close behind, trying to remain calm in the situation.

The man turned behind him, looking at the guards. "Search the room. He's in here somewhere."

The lead one nodded, and motioned for the others to follow him.

After a few minutes of searching, one of them opened the closet doors. He looked around, and saw the laundry basket next to the quote, unquote, "empty" cabinet. The soldier reached for the door and opened it, revealing the fearful child.

The child let out a scared yelp as the soldier grabbed him by the wrist and pulled him out into the open. The main guy turned and smiled as he saw the small adolescent.

"You don't know what I speak of, huh?" He chuckled, turning to the child's mother. She tried to jump forward and grab the child, but was held back by some soldiers.

"Braden!" She cried out, tears brimming her vision.

The child, Braden, attempted to free himself from the grip of the soldier, but was not strong enough.

"Let go of me!" Braden yelled at the soldier holding him back. Of course, he wasn't about to take orders from a four year old, so the soldier kept his grip.

The main guy strolled forward and crouched down to Braden's eye level. The poor child's blue eyes were wide with fear and confusion.

"Hello, young one," he said, "My name is Eli. Here, you can trust me."

Eli held out his hand. Braden looked up at him, then to the soldier, then to his mother. She shook her head, telling Braden to not trust Eli.

So he didn't.

Braden simply pulled away from Eli, keeping as much distance between him and the intruder as possible.

Eli frowned. "Alright, then. Either way, you're coming with us."

The soldier that held Braden pulled him by his wrist to the door. He started to scream, crying for his mother. His mother tried to pull away, but one of the guards tased her as they did the child's father. Braden cried out in fear for her, for she ceased to move.

The soldier holding Braden tugged on him again, pulling the crying child away from the scene and out to where the van was parked outside.

—————————

Eli smiled to himself. Looks like he has his first subject to test. The Experimental Initiative could finally begin.

They had returned to the Section 5 complex by then. The child, Braden, now dubbed Subject B-1424, sat in his containment unit, his knees pressed to his chest. He was quite scared of his predicament, but Eli didn't care.

Soon, he'll have no reason to be afraid.

—————————
[Time Skip]

(????? PoV)

I awoke in a small cell, one wall built of thick glass. My head hurt like heck, as well as the rest of me. I slowly stood up and looked around.

Where am I? How'd I get here?

...where did I come from?

My memory from anytime before the last thirty seconds was a thick, brick wall, with
no possible way around or above.

Worrying.

Something long and black skimmed the corner of my vision. It reminded me of a snake kind of. I turned around and saw that it was a long, black tentacle sprouting from my back. Three more were also waving around.

I stared at the tentacles for a moment, my only thought being:

What the...?

Suddenly, I heard the door to my cell open. I whipped around to see two guards walking in. One of them held a taser, the other a gun (the taser one also had a gun, but it was a pistol on his belt).

"Come on," the one holding a gun said, "Time for testing."

"I just woke up, I don't even know where the heck I am!" I said, "And why do I have tentacles? What did you guys do to me?"

The one with a taser switched the taser on, and blueish-white electricity sparked at its ends. He held it out towards me, and I stumbled backwards a little bit.

"I said, come on!" The gun one growled. I nodded fearfully, and allowed him to press the gun into my back as he pushed me down the hall, his comrade walking close beside me.

——————

This was originally gonna be more centered around Eli, but it kind of drifted back to Blaza.

1310 words