8

A few days later

Nikolai -

I was more than happy to be back home where I know we are safe. Rose is doing better, but she still pushes herself and that causes her wound to reopen. Making me scold her as she does it all the time.

Keep telling her " It needs time to heal". I might have to think about other methods to get her to listen to me.

However I am in the kitchen making phone calls for the day. And soon enough my kids come down from their rooms.

Ending my calls I take my seat at the table for breakfast.

" Where mom?" Anastasia asked me.

Before I can stay that she is going to stay in the room Rose speaks up from behind me.

" I am right here honey".

The twins run up to their mother.

" Mommy!"

" Careful!" Roman spoke up.

I help Rose to her seat while give her a glare letting her know I am not happy right now.

" I thought you were staying in bed?"

" And miss having breakfast with my family."

I know what she was doing. I am not falling for it this time. I keep glaring at her letting her know that I am not playing around.

Her face changes.

" I am just having breakfast with my family then I promise I will go back to bed."

I believe what she said so I leave it. We dig into the food as a family. Keeping one hand on Rose's thigh as I ate.

" Mom. Wait here I need your opinion on what I should wear today. Since this is the last few weeks left of high school."

All of the boys sighed heavily and left the table. But all of the boys kissed their mother before leaving.

The twins stayed because they love their big sister.

Anastasia came down in the first outfit which was okay but the twins did not like it. So they sent her back to change. But after the 4th outfit I was the one to send Anastasia back to change. No way in hell she will be a dress that short.

But she finally came down in a good choice and was ready for school. Soon after that the twins followed going to their school.

Leaving me with my dear wife. I take her hand and we head to our room.

I tuck her into the bed

I tuck her into the bed. Giving her a deep kiss before leaving.

" I have eyes and ears everywhere my love. So don't try anything. Just rest. And I will be home soon. I love you".

" I love you two. And I will. Be safe and come back to me".

" Always".