15

Nikolai -

Being home permanently is very strange for someone like me that has been work almost my whole life. But now I can take a step back and watch my son take over the family business.

With the extra time I have, I can be with my wife more and our youngest daughter before she leaves the house as well. As the arrangement was made years ago to the don of Sicily. Scarlett would marry the first born son, Marcelo Lombardi. And Scarlett will help him run italy, and she will be away from home like her other sisters. To honestly say I am not looking forward to another one of my daughters leaving home. I know that they must but it does not make any of this easy for me.

Picking up my glass taking another sip I hear the door open, smelling sweet vanilla brings a smile to my face knowing that it is my Rose.

" I knew that I would find you here".

" I am just thinking baby".

Taking rose into my arms bringing her closer to my chest. Hugging her tight as I can. The love I have for this woman is a thousand fold. She has changed me for the better. She has forgiven for the horrible acts I did towards her, she truly has a heart of pure gold. Also she has fire when someone or something threatens her family. We leave my office heading to the living room to watch a movie with your daughter. Nothing can be better than this right here. After a hour Scarlett was asleep, Rose picked her and we walk towards her room. Kissing her forehead before we left her room we enter ours. I could see that Rose was tired but me not so much.

Hang in there baby. It is going to be a long night.

---------------

Rose -

Sitting up in the bed I see Nikolai still passed out from what we did all night long. I get out of the bed heading to the bathroom only to see myself in the mirror. Having a bird nest instead of hair and hickeys all over my neck and well whole body.

Damn Nikolai.

I hop into the shower feeling the warm water all over my body it felt good.

Grabbing a towel from the rack I walk to the closet pulling some clothes to wear for the day. Once I was done I quietly leave the room so Nikolai can sleep.

Going to the kitchen to make some breakfast I hear feet coming down letting me know that Scarlett is up and ready for food.

" Hi momma"

" Hi honey. Did you sleep while" .

She nodded her head I smile while taking her plate to wash. Soon enough Nikolai came down the stairs.

" Good morning daddy"

" Good morning baby"

Nikolai came close to my ear " tell me if you are going to leave the bed next time so I can tie you to it".

I slap his arm. All he does is laugh.

" What did daddy say momma?"

" Just a joke honey. You should go upstairs to change for school."

" Okay momma".

Nikolai and I were taking Scarlett to school. Kissing her goodbye for the day we head back home spending the whole day together. It was actually very peaceful. But still in the back of my mind I worry about my daughters. I hope that they are okay, even Phoebe. I hope she is behaving herself.

Me and Nikolai stay on the swing outside for a few hours, we wanted to enjoy the day on what the weather was offering. It was a beautiful day. The nanny dropped off Scarlett back at home where I was in the kitchen making dinner while Nikolai helped her with her homework.