Chapter 7

"My name is Saint Walker."

You jolt in your bed, eyes wild. 

When you look down, your clothes are covered in sweat, chest heaving. Swallowing, you look around your room. Eyes landing on the clock, you groan. 

It was three in the morning.

"What the hell is going on?"

For the last few days you'd been having strange flashes and mutters of a name. This was the first time you'd made out the name clearly.

"Who the hell is Saint Walker?"

It's clear that this would be a problem.

You know it'll be awhile before you fall asleep, so why not get some research done. Being a bounty hunter came in handy at times like this. You kick off your blankets, jumping out of the bed. 

~

Countless hours and no leads, you decide to take a break. It was getting close to the time you and HR worked out anyway. So as you strut through star labs, you look for the eccentric male. But he seems nowhere in sight.

"Hey Iris." She smiles at your greeting, sipping on her coffee.

"Have you seen HR? We usually have our session around ten. I can't find him anywhere."

"With him you can never really tell."

She's not wrong.

"You've been spending a lot of time with him recently. Something you want to share. " She looks a bit cheeky, but you give nothing away.

"We're just training. I figured it would be easier than having him try to be a genius. You saw how well that worked out last week." 

HR had taken it upon himself to attempt some "Science Stuff' as he put it. He'd managed to successfully blow up a computer.

"You're right."

Just as you turn, Barry's wind hits you.

"Barry have you seen..." 

Your words are stopped short. Iris drops her coffee in shock, and you feel as though you've forgotten how to breathe.

"Looking for someone?" 

The dark haired male makes every fear you ever had return tenfold. It's heightened, mainly because of the speedster he has cuffed and beaten. There's noticeable bruises on Barry's face, and Eobard drops him harshly on the floor.

Barry grunts, and Iris throws caution to the wind, rushing to his side. She drops on the floor, cradling Barry in her arms. Eobard just grins, and your entire body is trembling. Barry looks barely conscious. You can only imagine the pain he's experienced.

"Missed me?"

You can't speak.

Eobard walks around, admiring the subtle changes of the cortex. You have yet to move. You know you should alert someone. But both Cisco and Harry are on Earth 2. Caitlin hasn't come in yet, and you're sort of glad, because that just meant one less person for Eobard to hurt. Iris is holding Barry protective as she glares at Eobard.

"What do you want!" She yells.

"The same thing I've always wanted." 

When he turns back around, his eyes land on you.

"I suppose that's only half the truth. I have some new interests."

You tell your body to move, to get away. Fight back. Anything. But it's no use. That feeling of dread that you'd finally begun to forget, it's back.