Chapter 2

I looked around in my very bright and nicely decorated room. After the conversation with Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil, 2 sisters of sin brought me to my room. The two told me that their names were Elvi and Juna and that from now on they would accompany me as my closest companions.

I was lucky to have them, I got along with them quite well, they weren't as scary as the other sisters. I really wonder why they are called Sisters of Sin because they are closer to nuns than naughty demon adoring girls. Juna and Elvi took me to my room. "So, this is your room I hope you like it" Juna said and smiled at me. "I like it's light but still has a nice gothic look, " said Elvi.

"Do all the rooms look like this. Do you all have your own room and what about the catacombs, how does it look there?" I asked curiously. I took advantage of the friendliness of the two immediately to answer my questions.

"We weren't allowed in the catacombs before the accident with the ghouls either. We were only very rarely down there. The catacombs are like a retreat for the ghouls, so we stay away from there," Elvi said to me.

"And how does it look down there how do you all live here I want to understand it" I said and looked at the two as I sat down on my bed. "Well, it's like a big underground cellar. It's pitch dark down there, you can hardly see anything," said Juna.

"And how do they see down there. The ghouls I mean". Juna looked back at me and said, "Ghouls have better eyesight than us, a better sense of smell and ear senses they are a little bit better than us at everything".

I had never seen a ghoul before I only heard what they looked like and how dangerous they were. I wondered how there were trustworthy ghouls among these monsters. after all, Papa Nihil said that I had to look for them to take the first step towards saving the church.

"Each ghoul has its own room down there. Just like us. Each Sister of Sin has its own room and its own room number. Yours is 13, for example," Elvi continued. "Oh how great 13 the well-known unlucky number. What do the rooms look like down there?" I asked curiously.

"Every ghoul designs their own room. Some keep it simple, some don't. All ghouls have different elements. Most of their rooms are designed according to their elements and hobbies," Juna said.

"These things have hobbies," I said, laughing. "Elena, not all ghouls are monsters. They have a heart, and feelings" Juna said softly.

"Don't listen to Juna Elena, she's only said that because she used to be in love with one of those ghouls" said Elvi and laughed.

I wanted to say something but a knock on the door interrupted us. "Do you like your room Elena" said a woman's voice. I turned to the door and saw Papa Nihil and Sister Imperator standing in the doorway. "Yes" was all I answered.

"So how do I save the church now, what do I have to do?" I said a little faster. "Slow down Elena. You are aware that saving the church could take a few months if or more it depending on the ghouls" Papa Nihil said.

"As long as I get my parents back, I don't care" I said looking at him determined.

"Ughhh" came from behind us. Like someone crashed into something. We all turned toward the hallway where the noise was coming from. "Sorry, that was me. Sorry about that" I heard someone say.

I looked out of my room and saw the Cardinal on a tricycle. "Cardinal that is not your playground and now leave" said Papa Nihil loudly. "You see Elena that's why we need you. Or do you think he will save the church" Sister Imperator said and laughed disappointed. "I guess not" I said and looked back at Papa Nihil "Are you scared of the Ghouls Elena" he asked me seriously.

"No" I replied with a straight expression on my face. "Well, you, Juna and Elvi will go down to the catacombs tomorrow to look for someone". We should go alone in threes down to the supposedly most dangerous place in the whole church that must have been a good idea.

"And how are we supposed to survive that and who should we look for?" asked Juna worried. "When are we looking?" I asked a little less concerned. I wasn't afraid to go down there, I can protect myself. Me Juna and Elvi would make it no matter what awaits us down there. A pair of starving ghouls we'll survive that there's worse. I guess

"You will make it I believe in you. And I believe in you Elena.

Juna and Elvi have already been to the catacombs, I'll give you the room number of the ghoul you must look for and Elvi and Juna will lead you there, they already know the catacombs a little" Papa Nihil said to convince to us.

"And for who exactly, are we looking for?" asked Elvi. "Aether. His room number is 65, that's probably where you'll find him," Sister Imperator said. "Good. And we can trust him?" I said.

"He was always on our said he is one of the good ones. We hope he can help us" Sister said. "Okay" I just replied.

"Then that's fine. You're going to the catacombs tomorrow morning because then the ghouls are less active than in the evening," Sister Imperator said.

"And now rest. And especially you Elena" she said afterwards and then they left, and I closed my door. What am I doing here, I thought to myself as I lay down on my bed to sleep. Either I die trying to get my parents back tomorrow or worse.

Who knows what happened to the ghouls down there? And why should we look for exactly this Aether and what should we do when we have found it. I didn't sleep much that night because my head was full of thoughts. 

------------------

Tell me if you liked Chapter 2. And I think Chapter 3 will also be dropped today so stay here.

Much love to my Ghosties <3