Chapter 12

I opened my eyes and saw Juna who was beautiful. "Morning Elena" she said and smiled at me. "Morning" I said and struggled getting out of bed. For such a small room in a bunker, the beds were really comfortable. I didn't really get much sleep last night though, my mind was on Dewdrop and Elvi and Mountain the whole time. Why was Dewdrop so weird yesterday and how is Elvi doing is she still with Mountain. "Juna is Elvi still with Mountain" I asked without thinking. "What... how how do you know that?" asked Juna amazed and stared at me.

"Elvi already told me what's going on between her and Mountain" I said and changed my clothes. "So you already know. Sorry we didn't say anything but Elvi and Mountain had a fight when that happened with the sisters and all the ghouls had to go down here you know" Elvi said softly. "It's alright I think I'm getting used to this" I said.

"After we bring the ghouls back to the church, will you still stay with us and become a sister of sinn too?" asked Juna. "No I think. I don't know. I didn't think I'd find friends like you and Elvi here, and..." I said, stuttering. Juna interrupted me and said "And someone like Rain? Me and Elvi noticed that you like him".

"Shut up" I said and laughed. "Rain is just friendly that's all" I said. Juna wanted to say something else but we were interrupted by a knock.

"Aether needs you in the hall" Elvi said as she opened the door. "How was it with Mountain yesterday?" Juna said and laughed. "Shut up Juna" said Elvi and I had to laugh. The two were really funny and I loved to have them as my friends.

I followed them into the hall. I saw Mountain and Rain already sitting at the table. Aether was standing in the center of the large table and Dew was sitting off to the side in a corner.

"Sit down please, Dew," Aether said sternly. "Blablab" imitated Dew Aether annoyed as he sat down. Elvi sat down to the right of Mountain. "Morning," Rain said as I walked past him. I wanted to pass but thought again and sat down to the left of Rain.

Rain smiled softly and seemed happy. Dew only gave an evil look, what else. Juna sat down next to me on the left. And only now I realize that Swiss was missing. "Now listen carefully and be quiet," Aether said as he sat down in the middle of the table. He seemed very tense and restless.

"Swiss disappeared last night. I suspected Dew..." Aether began when Dew interrupted him. "I didn't kill him or something, fuck you," he said aggressively as he jumped up. "Dew sit back down" Aether said annoyed.

"It wasn't Dew and the others were in their rooms too. I have no idea where Swiss is and until he's back nobody's coming back upstairs to the church understood." Aether said, tensing his body as he spoke.

"Aether, sorry for interrupting, but aren't we in a bunker with no exit where is he supposed to have disappeared from?" I asked confused. "You forget that there are other dangers lurking here, other ghouls, further rooms, he could be here somewhere and why should he just disappear like that".

What Aether said made sense. "What should we do?" Mountain asked and only now did I realize that he and Elvi were holding hands. Kinda cute of them both. I looked at Dew, he still seemed weird like he knew something or saw something.

"We're going to look for Siwss in groups, and knowing there's tension here, I'm dividing the groups up as best it will work, understand," Aether said. "Fine," Mountain said in response.

"I'll look for Swiss by myself" Dew said and wanted to get up. Aether jumped up and dragged Dew to the ground. He hissed loudly and said "You do what I say, Satan you're exhausting when you're not fucking someone". Rain swallowed next to me, everyone was a little confused by Aether's reaction to Dew's comment.

Aether always had to take care of everyone and now he's just trying to bring everyone back up to the surface to be free it must be exhausting. Dew was just as confused by Aether's reaction as the rest of us. As Aether got off Dew, Dew sat back down and just looked down at the floor, looking sad.

Somehow I feel sorry for him, I just don't think anymore that what Aether said is true. "So I decided on the following teams. Mountain and Elvi....". That was somehow clear but I was happy for the two. "Rain and Juna and Dew and Elena". What no.

"But," Rain said softly. "No" Aether said annoyed. I looked at Rain and said "I can't do this with Dew, don't worry". Rain looked at me softly and nodded. "Now get going team 1 take the south wing team 2 take the north wing and team 3 take the west wing I'll stay in the east wing" said Aether.

--------------------

<333