Chapter 4

I felt his claws on my neck and I felt his hot breath on my skin. Our faces were only a few millimeters apart. His body radiated warmth and I could feel his eyes on me. "We should kill her or Swiss" said the ghoul who had his hands around my neck and was pinning me against the wall. Swiss looked at Juna and Elvi, both were still sitting on the floor, very scared.

"I want to kill that one" Swiss said and pointed at me. "No, I'll kill this one. She's wild, I like that," Dew said, smiling cheekily so that you could see his sharp, vampire-like teeth.

I turned my head away from him but he immediately pushed me back against the wall. "Don't kill us, we're your only hope," I stuttered because I couldn't breathe.

"Our only hope," Dew said, laughing demonically. "You want to get out of here and get some fresh air again. We want to achieve exactly that. If you kill us now you're going to die in here like losers" I said and grabbed Dew's hand and tried to loosen it a bit to get more air.

His eyes flashed aggressively at me. "She's right," said Mountain, still standing silently behind Swiss and Dew. "What's the point of killing them?" he said, looking at Swiss and Dew.

"I want to kill that little bitch cause she's getting on my nerves," Dewdrop said, looking back at me. "We can get Aether's opinion and meanwhile hold them as our prisoners" said Mountain.

"Mountain is right, Dew. Maybe we can finally get out of this hole here," said Swiss. It took Mountain and Swiss a while to persuade the smaller ghoul, but in the end he agreed.

"Where do we find this Aether?" I asked when Dew finally let go of my neck. "Come with me," said Mountain.

I helped Juna and Elvi get up and we went to Mountain together. He was a lot taller than Swiss and Dew. He also didn't seem like a monster that eats people like Dew did.

I wondered what element these ghouls wanted. Juna, Elvi and I followed Mountain and close behind were Swiss and Dew. "She's got a great ass or Swissy," Dew suddenly said, pointing at me from behind.

"Steal what we could do with her," he continued. Dew and Swiss kept talking the whole time so I just tried not to listen. "What's your element?" I asked Mountain curiously to distract myself from the two idiots behind me.

"Earth," he said succinctly without looking at me. "Do you miss the big garden in front of the church?" I asked further.

"Yes" he said again without looking at me. He was supposed to be shy but there was something about him that made me curious. I think he can be trusted. I hope.

"Here we are. The Great Hall," Mountain said, stopping. The small, narrow corridor with the room doors ended here and went into a larger hall.

"But Aether has room 65," Juna said almost so quietly that you couldn't hear it. Elvi and she were still a bit shocked, which was understandable. "Most of the ghouls are normal here if they can't stand their small rooms anymore" Mountain said and looked in our direction for the first time.

He had beautiful brown-green eyes. In the hall was a large round table like the one I sat at this morning with Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil.

I thought there was nobody in the hall but then I saw a Ghoul sitting in one of the corners of the room. He had a guitar in his hand and seemed to be writing something down in a red notebook. Possibly

lyrics.

"Rain" Dew suddenly yelled from behind us. And the ghoul with the guitar was startled and immediately put his red book aside. "Look what we caught" said Swiss pointing at us.

We followed Mountain who together with Dew and Swiss went closer to the other Ghoul with the guitar.

"Do you want to kill her?" the Ghoul asked almost shyly. He looked at us. His eyes were sky blue and he had brown hair. He looked cute for a demon.

"We wanted to kill them but Mountain said we should keep them and use them for our purposes" said Dew and looked at us cheekily. "I thought that was a crappy idea but at least I'll have a toy for tonight" Dew said, now looking right in my direction.

Rain only looked at us shyly. There was even some pity in his eyes. At least I thought so. "These three sisters were sent by Papa Nihil, they're going to help us get out of here," Mountain said with surprising confidence. Rain didn't answer, he just nodded and then looked back at his guitar.

"What's going on here?" I suddenly heard a voice behind us. A big ghoul he was built a little better than the others and had bright yellow-brown eyes. "Aether there you are," said Swiss.

So that was Aether, he we could trust. Dew wanted to say something too, but I forestalled him. "We need your help. Papa Nihil sent us we are here to save the church to save you guys" I said looking at him.

"How did you survive up to here?" Aether asked me, a little surprised. "I like her she's cheeky and dares to say something. I wanted to have fun with her before I kill her. That's why they survived so long" joked Dew and gave me a cheeky look.

Dew really disgusted me on the one hand but on the other hand I found him quite interesting. "Aether you will help us" Elvi now spoke carefully. "Help you? How" he asks and came closer. Rain behind us also stopped staring at his guitar and now looked at us.

When I looked at him, he immediately looked back at the floor. "Papa Nihil said we have to get you upstairs," I continued. "I want to go upstairs too," Dew said.

"Papa Nihil will not allow that. We are trying to make the church one again. We are trying to make it possible for you to move freely in the church again. To hunt in the forest. To be in the garden or to swim in the lake. But we need your help. And as a start, it would be good if you don't kill us or do anything else to us," I spoke a little faster and looked at all the ghouls in turn.

"Well, I'll go upstairs and talk to Papa Nihil, you stay here and take care of the three sisters. What are your names?" Aether continued. In contrast to the others, he seemed mature and trustworthy.

"My name is Elena and this is Elvi and Una" I said and pointed to the two sisters next to me. "Well Elena, I'll leave you here as save for myself. We'll use you as leverage if anything should happen to me up there, they'll kill you." Aether continued.

Great, so now we were leverage and held captive by four ghouls. "Dew and Swiss didn't attack the three of them and didn't kill them. While I'm gone, Mountain says you do what he says and Rain you support him," Aether continued and pointed to Rain.

He just nodded shyly. So, I was right Mountain and Rain could apparently be trusted. I wasn't so sure about Swiss and Dew. "Got it," Mountain said, nodding to Aether. Swiss also nodded. And even Dew nods a little sulkily, but he nods.

A little later, Aether set off and left us alone with the others in the hall. I didn't know if I, Elvi and Juna would survive that night, but if we did, it would be a step in the right direction.

----------------

Tell me what u think love u ghosties <3