Chapter 16

James POV:

'You were always there to protect me.' I snapped out of my thoughts and walked towards Avery, I gently shook her to try and wake her up, but at this point I feel like she can sleep through winter. I shook her harder, but sadly she did not budge. "AVERY WAKE UP" I yelled, this caused her to finally wake up, and almost hit me in the face, but good thing I have great reflexes, "jesus James, haven't you heard of gently waking someone up?" Avery whined, "I did in fact try to wake you up gently, but you refused to get up, you were basically gone. "Why did you put duct tape on me?" I asked, even though I already knew the answer, "because you were snoring too loud" Avery said, walking out the room and to the kitchen, I followed her like a lost puppy.

Avery's POV:

Okay, I know it might sound normal- in my mind that James has been acting weird... but it's not like the usual kind of weird, he keeps on following me and looking around like something is gonna jump out and attack us. I decided to try and make eye contact with James, but just like how he was all morning, he was just looking around the room. Looking for something or someone... "uh... James? Are you alright?" I asked, growing more concerned with my friend's mental health, "I'm good.. why do you ask?" James said, though I could barely hear the exact word he was saying, "I was asking because you've been looking around the house and acting like someone is gonna come and kidnap us" I said. I tilted my head in confusion as I heard James whisper something, not entirely sure what he said, I decided to ask him "I'm sorry I didn't catch that?" I said.

James's POV:

"I was asking because you've been looking around the house and acting like someone is gonna come and kidnap us" Avery answered. " Well maybe you, but I doubt they want me" I said, my voice just below a whisper"I'm sorry I didn't catch that?" Avery said, "oh it was nothing important, just thinking about food.." I lied. I do feel bad for not telling Avery about the encounter, but my reasoning is one- the stalker could be watching it right now... or Avery would most likely think I'm on drugs, which I'm not, I know what I saw, but until I have proof... I highly doubt Avery would believe me, and even if she did, would her mom believe us?.... Don't worry Avery, even if I don't end up telling you the truth, I will still protect you from that creep.