Practical Lessons

It's been a few days since you fell into another world and you were overloaded with gifts from others of this world. To others, they felt pleased that they were able to give you something that could please you. To you, you felt burdened by these presents as some people giving you gifts don't even know who you are to even give you such items. Half of the presents were from Maeus spoiling you with jewels, dresses, and flowers.

To you, it was a bit much as you refused to wear any of the dresses and jewels provided. You complained to his highness that the clothes and accessories are too difficult to move in and are quite heavy. He was sad, but understanding. Who wants to look like a huge cake anyways?

A popular noble seamstress was summoned to your quarters the same day to fit you into new dresses that are easier to move in and are slightly flatter from the waist down rather than poof. The sleeves are adjustable and the top can be buttoned. Although this dress wouldn't be as popular with the noble ladies, to you, it looked like a normal formal dress you could wear to a fancy restaurant.

You were then given a corset, to which you strongly rejected. If this place has a bit of a medieval essence to it, then you know that the corset is not just a fashion sense but a tool that worsens one's health if worn and tightened. Due to its health risk, you flat out rejected the corset multiple times from those around you trying to put it on you. They tried to persuade you that no dress can be worn without it, but you told them if that is so, then there would be no problem with wearing pants instead.

The servants and the seamstress looked at each other. They agreed to forgo the corset and tailor you a smaller dress.

---

It's your next day in class and Cirrus wanted to finally teach you practical lessons rather than the book. The rooms were getting rather stuffy for this genius magician (with a self-proclaimed IQ of 1,000)... but truthfully, he just wanted to burn something to the ground. The head magician waited for your arrival with a closed-eyed smile on his face, legs sitting cross-legged, and hovering in the air with his book. When you arrived, he immediately opened his eyes and you could see the crazed sparkles in them. Maeus was next to him dressed in training gear for knights standing with his arms folded. He gave you a little wink, but you turned away in embarrassment.

Ever since you arrived in Valtoria, everyone had been fascinated with you–or more correctly, your magic. The Saintess has a rare type of healing magic that no one in the world has and Cirrus was determined to examine every part of you. In terms of Earthling slang, you'd probably say he was a huge magic nerd.

"Welcome to class! Today's lesson is learning about your most common type of magic. Types of magic range from:

Common -> Uncommon -> Rare -> Super Rare -> Ultra Rare -> Legendary

There are also Unique type skills, however, they do not fit in this spectrum and are more of an enigma. I guess you can think of them being at the same level as legendary but sometimes unique skills can be fairly weak, such as someone I know who has the 'Whispers from the Beyond' skill which is unique, but weak because the skill only lets someone view the memories of the dead rather than something like raising an undead army to fight. A unique skill means that this skill cannot be teachable or learnable and only one sole person alive at a time can have this skill. For example, let's say the one who has the 'Whispers from the Beyond' skill dies. Another person who is born can be born with the unique skill, however, it doesn't mean that a person with that unique skill could be born yet. It could reappear three decades later, it could appear immediately after death, or it could never appear again. Even having just one unique skill under your belt makes you a 'Unique Person' and hugely sought after.