You Wished You Didn't Wake Up

After everything, you really shouldn't be able to come back with what happened to you in a matter of seconds. In fact, you should have never been able to come back at all... You opened your eyes to see you were surrounded by nothing but white. You're floating in mid air and you don't recognize this place as either Valtoria or Earth.

You looked down at your body to find you weren't wearing clothes and immediately wrapped your arms around yourself in embarrassment. You can see all of your nakedness. However, breathing had never been so easy! In Valtoria, you were trying to get accustomed to the mana in the air, but here—it was like a breath of fresh air!

"Saintess..." You hear a gentle voice that reverberates around you. You look up, below, and around to find nothing. Everywhere was just... white...

An orb of bright light formed in front of you and you squint your eyes. The light was blinding.

"It seems that you were supposed to be dead... but here you are... alive!"

But if you were alive this whole time, why are you here?

The orb continued, "I am the Holy Mother. Mother of this Universe and mother to all sun elementals."

You looked down and asked her why you're here of all the people the gods picked. Why you? During your stay you were well accommodated, but in your mind and heart, you were struggling. You were ripped from your home! Your friends, family, job, and everything you owned while working your ass off. It just wasn't fair and you weren't cut out for this saintess thing.

"Oh but you are the Saintess... there are no accidents," she replied, not with hatred or impatience, but with love. You pulled your hair and cried on your knees. It was too much for you to handle and it wasn't something you've ever done before. One day you were a minor office worker working minimum wage to make ends meet, and now all of a sudden you've got to step up to become a leader that everyone counts on.

You're now at the pinnacle of power. And with great power comes great responsibility—a kind that you were not well-equipped with or well-experienced in yet.

Despite this, you don't want it. Though, between struggling to pay your bills versus struggling to learn new magic, you'd rather stay here. Earth destroyed you too much. If only you could exist here as someone who wasn't the Saintess.

"Did I make the prophecy?" The Holy Mother reiterated your question with curiosity.

"No, not I. Any powerful supreme deity can make a prophecy, but we do not know who makes what prophecy unless they told us," the deity floated to the other side of you.

Then another deity made this prophecy and somehow chose you as Saintess. Whoever it is, you certainly have a bone to pick with them now! You clench your fists and grit your teeth. This deity basically made you responsible for the survival of all of Valtoria's hundreds of millions of inhabitants.

"Well, if you are that curious to see who made you the Saintess, you only need to ask the deities by their shrines. They will answer; though not in ways mortals would expect," the orb floated away from you.

A vision came and you were at the scene of the incident once more. In the dark bushes of the Alberets' famous gardens, two men were hiding in the bushes in fear, watching you trying to fight Astaroth himself.

"Your majesty, don't..." A man you didn't recognize warned the man next to him. He thought it was much better not to get involved as involvement could lead to death.

The man next to him was shaking and panicking. It seems everyone was too distracted to notice either one of them. He couldn't leave you to die like this. He knew you weren't ready to face Astaroth and you could die right here and then.