Chapter 22

Isla and Pierre sat down in their team meeting as they went over the goals for this weekend's testing. The meeting was quick and efficient.

Sarah stood up at the front of the room,

"So we have a bit of a viral post going on at the moment" She said

Isla wasn't sure of what it was, Sarah then showed it on the screen in the meeting room. The photos of them laughing then sleeping on the plane were all over instagram.

Isla blushed a bit when the photos of them sleeping on the plane came on the screen. She gave a side glance to Pierre. He seemed to also be blushing and was avoiding her eye contact.
The meeting ended with some statistics being presented about Islas lap times in Spain. The team was hoping for Isla and Pierre to do well this weekend to see if any more changes needed to be made on the car.

Isla stayed back and talked to the engineers and clarified some of the mechanics of her car. The engineers thanked her for taking the time to talk in depth with them. "Maybe one day you'll retire from driving and become a mechanic or engineer," one said as she is left the garage.

"Who knows? I may just take your job" She laughed with the mechanics and went back to the hotel.

Isla got ready to head out to grab drinks with Pierre, George and Charles. It was a warm night in Bahrain, Isla grabbed a white shirt, light wash jeans and a pair of red heels.
​​

She came down to the lobby and the three guys were waiting for her

She came down to the lobby and the three guys were waiting for her. "Looking good teammate" Pierre winked and gave Isla a quick side hug.

Charles noticed "Let's get going" He said, getting everyone's attention. He walked beside Isla, George and Pierre were chatting up ahead, leaving Charles and Isla behind them.

Isla's hands swung by her sides as she walked and it grazed Charles' hand. He looked at her and smiled and grabbed her hand and squeezed. Then quickly released it when George turned around. Isla smiled at him when George turned around.

They all head into the bar and find a table at the back to sit at. They were all chatting about the coming weekend's testing.

"So Isla, are you going to beat Charles again this weekend?" Pierre smirked

Isla laughs, "You never know." She winked playfully at Charles which causes him to grin knowingly back to Isla.

Pierre's eye flit between Isla and Charles. "I think you will be able to beat him," Pierre said kindly. His eyes meet Islas' and he smiled at her..

"Thanks Pierre, we shall see how it goes" She admitted not wanting to cause any drama between her and Charles.

"Well teammate, lets go get some drinks for the table" Pierre says as he took Islas hand sweetly and guided her to the bar.

Isla played along, she held his hand and then started skipping off to the bar. Hoping that the playfulness would show Charles that she is trying to ignore the flirty advances.

Pierre laughed at Isla's silliness. When they arrived at the bar, "2 shots of Canadian whisky" Pierre asked the bartender.

Isla gave him a quizzical look.

Pierre smiled at her and winked. He handed her the second shot. "Cheers to the start of a new season and to a great teammate" He said as he clinks his glass against Islas.

Isla lets out a chuckle, they both hit the drink on the bar then they take the shot. "So I am converting you to my silly Canadian ways?" Isla joked.

"Definitely" PIerre said as he touched her arm.

Isla tries her best to casually pull away from his touch, but the butterflies were stirring again in her stomach. Pierre was so Kind and sweet, she thought. He was different than Charles, Isla couldn't put her finger on it, but it was just different with Pierre.

Isla smiled internally, enjoying the attention she was getting from Pierre but also knowing how wrong it was to feel that way. Her boyfriend was just sitting on the other side of the pub, waiting for her and his best friend to return with drinks.

Pierre and Isla ordered the drinks for the table and came back with 2 drinks for everyone. "This smart lady decided that two drinks for everyone would save us from having to get up and go to the bar so soon," Pierre said as he sat down. He nudged Isla in the arm and winked.

Charles looked at Isla with a look that Isla couldn't quite place. The group held up their drinks and cheersed each other. The conversation flowed between the group seamlessly. Jokes and deep conversations were had. After a couple of drinks George pulled out his phone. "Well, look at you two, you are all over social media" he exclaimed

Charles and Isla immediately made eye contact across the table. Worried that their previous paparazzi pictures were going to be revealed.

"I have to read some of these comments out loud" George said "These two are relationship goals, These two look like they were meant for each other, and my personal favorite" George laughed as he paused. "This comment just says #Pisla" Charles face dropped.

Pierre laughed, "well Sarah did get some good photos of us teammates" He said with yet another wink.

Isla could feel some tension building at the table. "Hey guys I'm super tired, I think I'm just going to head back to the hotel" She tried her best to yawn.

The guys all said their goodbyes, Isla could tell they were getting quite drunk and would probably not even realize she was gone. She grabbed a cab and got back to her hotel with no problem

Authors Note: I appreciate all who are reading my story! There are 30 chapters in total and I'm working on wrapping up my story.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments.
I Would love to hear what you're enjoying or what you hope will happen(or hope won't happen) 😂