Chapter 24

The next day, qualifying went extremely well for Isla, she ended up P3 and Pierre ended up in P5 and Charles in P2.

Isla woke up bright and early on Race day. She entered the alpha tauri motorhome and gave Pierre a high five. She wanted the vibes to continue into this race day.

She stepped into her car, got settled and then did a radio check, before she knew it she was racing around the track. Her first race felt like a blur. The next thing Isla remembers is crossing the finish line.

Over the radio her head strategist came on "That is P1 Isla, you won your first ever formula 1 race!"

"AHHHHH" Isla just screamed she was in absolute shock. "Sorry for the scream, I am just so happy!" she laughed into her radio

"Don't worry at all, you deserved the win, you drove amazingly out there" He responded

"Who got podium?" She asked curiously

"Leclerc P2, Russel P3" He reported back

"And Pierre?" She asked

"P5" He said

She pulled up to P1 marked in the pit lane. She stayed in her car for a while just soaking in the fact that she was just one.

After a while she stood up and emerged from her car. The moment her foot hit the concrete she was swept up into a big hug. She was spun around then placed back down.

She looked up at the person who picked her up, it was Pierre with a big goofy grin on his face. "Congrats Teammate," he said, still smiling down at her.

"Thanks," She said smiling back up at him, Then Heather and Sarah came up to the pair and ushered Isla up to the podium.

She stood up on the middle of the podium with George and Charles standing on either side of her. They went through the ceremony and Isla sang proudly along to the Canadian national anthem.

Then it was time for the champagne celebration. Isla and Charles spent a lot of time going after each other with the champagne. So much so that George noticed. They gathered for a picture. "Please tell me you two aren't dating" George asked. Charles and Isla's eyes widened, they didn't respond which made George even more curious about what was going on between the two of them.

"We will have to celebrate," Charles whispered in her ear as they left the podium.

Plans were made to go to a local club to celebrate, Isla got back to her hotel room and collapsed on the bed so happy to have won her first race. Her phone rang and she answered the facetime call from her friends and family back in London. They all congratulated her. She had to hang up the call to get ready for a celebratory night.

Once she was ready she headed into the lobby where Pierre was waiting for her

Once she was ready she headed into the lobby where Pierre was waiting for her. His eyes widened. "Wow" is all he said. When Pierre and George came through the lobby door, George gave Isla a  nod of approval in her direction. Charles just grinned mischievously at her.