Chapter 16

Heather

I stared at my closet,.What do you wear to a first date with your friend, boss, and lover to be? I'm guessing something, something sexy but yet covered. A week ago Gabriele asked me to go on a date with him, I agreed without a second thought and since then I was worried.

He has been wearing his black eye with pride. Luca asked about it and Gabriele told him nicely in a lecturing way that he got it purely by standing up for something he believes in and he didn't resort to violence because he wanted to but because he needed to.

I went through the few items I had in my closet that actually looked good. None of them stood out. I plopped back onto my bed. I had to go shopping, which is something I really, really don't want to do. Why didn't I check what I was going to wear before the day of the date?

I grumbled and stood up from the bed making sure I had my phone. The last time Tristen tried to call me and I didn't pick up he sent Gabriele to check on me. I at least got a new door out of that whole mishap. I drove to a nearby mall, it wasn't anything grand but there was one special store that I wanted to visit.

 I found a dress that could work, it was a simple black dress that came to my knee, it had cap sleeves. Simple yet sexy. I bought it and then I walked around for a bit grabbing something to eat. I stopped by the store wanted to visit in the first place, it was a lingerie store.

I haven't bought real lingerie in a while, I'm used to simple underwear but this place had it all.

I walked in being engulfed by half-naked mannequins, pink and red being the main theme of this store. I swallowed down the lump in my throat. I know for sure that tonight wasn't going to be the night but I eventually had to buy something nice so that I would be prepared and with that dress, it was also necessary.

 I stood there a little shell shocked before a woman rushed to me.

"Hi, how may I help you?"I rubbed my sweaty hands against my jeans, what is up with me it's just underwear.

"I'm not looking for anything in particular just something..s.exy." She smiled at me, her smile was comforting.

"Is there a certain style you would like to try?" I shook my head. She studied me and walked to a rack, they had gorgeous bras, a black and red one caught my eye so I took it but then it was time for the tricky part.

Thongs. I scrunched my nose up at that word, I tried once to wear them but something didn't work and I felt like I had a wedgie the whole day. Maybe something like it but not so dang thin. I looked around and found a pair of underwear that matched my bra. I grabbed it and paid trying to hide myself.

I have issues with buying underwear in public but I'm fine with a man that wanted tie me up...alrighty then.

It was getting late when I arrived home. I curled my hair into brown curls and did my makeup very lightly, nothing too drastic, mascara and foundation with some light red lips. I contemplated wearing the underwear and decided that it was a backup just in case something happens.

I was just about done when I heard my doorbell ringing. I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. I opened the door and when I saw him, all that deep breathing helped me a whole lot of nothing and it felt like the wind was knocked out of me. I studied him from top to bottom.

He wore a suit but he didn't have a tie on, his crisp white shirt was the only thing that was contrasting his suit. His dark hair was slightly styled and his dark eyes matched his suit. I felt like I was some overly hormonal teenage girl again.

I smiled at him and let him in.

"Hi, I'm just going to get my purse." He nodded. I grabbed the black clutch from the table and walked back to where he was standing. I stopped studying his face. There was still a shade of purple around his eye but it wasn't as noticeable. I stared at him for a while until I stood on my tiptoes trying to reach his eye, I patted around the eye, he winched.