Chapter 29

Heather

I still can't believe that I'm engaged to Gabriele. Oh my goodness, I was so excited still even after two weeks I felt like I was on some high and I couldn't stop smiling. After the engagement dinner, we stayed in Italy for the rest of the week.

We were currently back home. I have to admit that I'm missing Italy and being with Gabriele's family. But I was glad to be back home because tonight is graduation. My parents were coming over and Tristen said he would call. He apologized a thousand times because he couldn't come. He is currently in Baltimore with Maya since he is on a special business trip.

Maya was being watched by his 'friend', but I knew he had a kind of a sweetheart in Baltimore. I didn't know anything about this sweetheart but I know he and she are very serious. He keeps her a secret because he is a very private person but if they become a real item he'd let me know.

I stood in front of my full-length mirror, the black dress looking beautiful with my emerald heels. My blue graduation gown hung just below my ankles, the same length as my dress and I had my cap on. It was strange to see myself looking like this.

I was happy and confident. The ring shining in the light made me feel so happy to know that I'll eventually be marrying the man I love. Gabriele came in, he had a very big smile on his smile as he studied me.

"Ah darling, you're growing up." He grabbed me from behind and hugged me while resting his head on my shoulder. I looked at us together in the mirror, we looked so happy.

"Hey old man, I thought you knew I was grown up." I bit my lip purposely, he raised his eyebrow.

"You're such a tease you know." He spun me around and pulled me closer, he kissed me slowly locking his lips with mine, it got very hot really quickly. We were insatiable, I pulled at his suit hungrily and he ran his hand down my backside, cupping my butt and pulling me close. I could feel his arousal pressing against me.

"We...should stop; I'm never going to go to graduation if we continue." I chocked on the words as he kissed a trail along the lines of my collarbone. He stopped kissing me with a heavy sigh and ran his hand through his hair.

"Fine, we should get going. My parents will meet us there, yours too and Luca is downstairs waiting. " He took my hand in his as we walked downstairs. Luca waited for us at the landing.

"Mommy you look so pretty." He hugged me tightly, he's been calling me mommy since the day we got engaged and I loved hearing him call me that. In the beginning, I was scared that I wouldn't be a good mother and that I wasn't ready for this at all but since he's been calling me mom we've gotten a lot closer and he talks to me more now. Mommy, it sounds so strange. I had a little smile tug at my lips.

"Come on we should go, your grandparents are waiting." My mother cooed over Luca the first time she met him, she knew Gabriele had a son (she and Tristen did their homework on Gabriele) but she only met him the day of Maya's birth. She got two grandchildren very unexpectedly. First Maya was born and then she got Luca.

Gabriele ushered us into the car and made sure that I and Luca were buckled before he drove to the ceremony hall where we would be having our graduation. He parked and as promised our parents were waiting for us, it was great to see how well they got along. Soon enough our mothers would be swapping recipes.

We walked to them, my mother hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek.

"Oh, honey I'm so proud of you!" My father also gave me a hug and there was not as much gushing and squealing. Gabriele's mother hugged me and his father shook my hand in a steel grip. Gabriele laughed at his father.