Anything

When Giyu woke up the nightmare vanished as soon as it came. Only a memory chasing him.

"Fuck." He cursed.

Getting himself up proved to be more challenging than what he expected. Since running away from their hideout in the mountains they used an old department building in Tokyo, Sanya is not a neighborhood you want to be at night —even for a first world country.

Now they cohabitate different apartments in the complex. Sabito and Giyu shares one while the sisters are in two different ones. Tanjiro and the rest fit themselves in two apartments of their own.

Giyu walked out of his room in nothing but his underwear.

"For fuck sake, where is the..." Giyu continued his slurs while rummaging through the kitchen.

"Too early to be cursing, don't you think?" Sabito called from the entrance door. After his dreams, seeing his friend wearing any other than military uniform feels abnormal and surreal.

"Never too early." Giyu replied.

Sabito laughed. It's never too early indeed. They learnt that in the army. As soon as the sun came up or even earlier than that, Drill Sergeant Cole will spit his best slurs and curses to the shit eating maggots he had as a platoon.

"Kanae and I will go to downtown, to buy some things and also to..."

"I know." Giyu said "Tomorrow our mission will most likely come to an end."

"Yeah, then we will leave Japan, right?" Sabito looked at him with an upside-down smile.

"Orders are Orders, Sabito." Giyu replied with an apologetics look.

Though he wanted to stay some extra time himself. A lie would be if he says that the days with Shinobu have been not worth it. Little by little the scars on his heart are healing.

And yet, he can't shake off the bad premonition on his gut. Something feels off.

"Well, I will be going then." Sabito said his goodbyes and walked out.

Now he was left alone again. As always, not matter what he always end like that. Sabito has his family now and Giyu has no right to break them apart.

He covered his face and killed the cry that wanted to get out of his body.

Soon they will go back to a life of a soldier. To follow Orders and go into mission again and again, after all they gave been trained as the most deadly operators in the world.

*knock* *knock*

Someone is outside, not a hostile since Nezuko did not alerted the team. That meas it could be someone from the Demon Slayers or...

"Good Morning, Tomioka-san~" Shinobu's voice came from the other side of the wooden door "I brought breakfast!"

Of course Shinobu Kocho is the other person who comes to pester him so early in the morning.

With a grunt Giyu walked to the door and turned the doorknob to open it. The petite Kocho waited at the other side dressed with her casual clothes, holding a tray with the breakfast: miso soup, rolled omelets and ogira toast.

To be honest it looked so delicious that Tomioka forgot about his lack of clothes.

"T-Tomioka-San!" Shinobu exclaimed as she looked around, assuring herself that no one is around.

"What?"

"Get inside!" Her small hand pushed him inside, a shiver ran through his spine, not an unpleasant sensation but all the contrary. The touch of the girls was more than enough to made him tremble. "Put some clothes on! Pervert."