Extreme Ways

When Shinobu opened her eyes, a light sea breeze came from the window. For a second she stared at the ceiling. Like a pendulum it sways for one way to the other. Left to right.

Being at sea is like that. Constant movement. At first, her senses and balance went wild. Her sea sickness was only worst than she remembers. And food, my god, Shinobu could not believe that a Japanese can get fed up of fish. After a week of nothing but tuna, she decided to loathe that fish for the rest of her days.

She jumped out of bed. Or whatever those planks and blankets are called. With a sore back she walked to the door and opened it. The soothing taste of salt and cooling touch of the watered breeze took away her pain.

Even at open sea, it felt like a dream. There are no more persecutions, no more people trying to kill them. And most importantly, no more Douma.

The boat where she traveled is a simple one. It is not the rustic and old boat like European countries use to fish. But a modern and comfortable boat that is also used as housing by the father and son that gently took them in. Shinobu smiled, who cannot be such a gentle man with thousands of dollars in front of them.

"Good morning."

Her eyes traced the voice. No matter how many times she sees the same blue eyes, it will only remain a pounding heart and a smile in her face.

Hee one and only love. The man she would take a bullet for and her partner during an adventure that came to a bitter end.

Shinobu knows that she cannot go back anymore. There will be no more Butterfly estate, there will be no more Kocho industries, there will be no more day with her sisters.

Only an uncertain future with Tomioka Giyu at her side.

"Good morning, Giyu!"

Yet, she didn't care at all. It was her decision and her way of leaving. Such ways...

The man was looking at some maps and a compass. Trying to figure out their location or the next move?

Kocho couldn't figure it at all. That stoic face of him does not change at all. She smiled when the man frowned and looked at her.

"Are we lost?" Asked the butterfly.

Giyu looked around and then to the maps. He did that twice. Sweeping the surroundings with his ocean blue eyes, draining the color of the sea itself into those lovely orbs.

"No, I am just planning where to go next."

"Oh..." Shinobu faked disappoinment and looked at the maps "I was really hoping that we were lost."

Giyu smiled.

Yeah, it has been an adventure. Maybe it was better to lose for a while. That happens when you follow such Extreme Ways.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there!

May the fourth be with you.

You have reached the end for now. Thanks for the patience and for reading my book!

Will this have a second part? Yes

Will it be out soon? Not really

Tamales? Two please.

I hope that you all enjoyed the teasing as much as I enjoyed the writing. I will be seeing you soon on the second part or my other stories.

Thanks for reading!