Kai Embrose

I took a deep breath, inhaling what's becoming the most second addictive thing that keeps me sane.

I heard the door open.

I looked back seeing Ari walking up to me, sipping another chocolate milk.

"You'll make me poor with how many you drink." I joked.

"I told you I'd buy them." She shrugged.

She knew that wasn't happening.

I liked using my unnecessary amount of money on her.

"Ready to go?" I asked, stepping on it before picking it up and going to my side.

"Yep." She got in and I opened the glovebox where I put it in.

"That's where you put it? Why?" She asked.

"Not sure." I shrugged.

I put my hand out, her hand fitting perfectly inside.

I began the drive to the salon.

-

"Holy cow that's a smell!" She gasped and I laughed.

"I used to come here with my mom." I nodded as we checked in, they pointed to two massage chairs with bubbly water.

Smelt like shellac and nail polish remover.

I helped her into the seat on the end, I sat by some other people and she smiled at me.

"Do we put our feet in?" She whispered.

"Yes. That's what it's there for love." I laughed.

I took her massage remote, changing the setting and she gasped.

She leaned into it and I smiled.

"You know what would make this better?" She asked, her voice vibrating with the massage puncher thing.

"Let me guess, chocolate milk and a muffin?" I grabbed her hand.

"Bingo." She smiled, I held onto her fingers, our arms a bit apart.

"What color?" One of the ladies came over.

"Uhm light blue?" She asked and I laughed.

"You too?" The last smiled, entertained.

"Yes please." I nodded.

She laughed and went to grab it.

"Okay, a bit more embarrassing than I thought." I whispered and she laughed.

"It's memorable." She grinned.

-

"Oh my god." The woman in the chair next to me gasped.

I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry are you two a couple?" She asked, leaning forward and looking at Ari too.

I nodded.

"I can't. That's adorable my husband would never do this with me." She laughed.

"I feel quite special and grateful." Ari smiled.

I stood, helping Ari off the chair.

She had gotten her nails done by some other ladies while getting her feet done.

"Have a great day." Ari smiled at the woman.

"You too!" She waved.

My heart swelled at how into herself she was becoming. And I was here to see it all.

"No don't put your socks on!" She gasped and I paused.

"These." She held up neon green foam little flip flops.

"Ari baby you're amazing and so so perfect but no." I shook my head and she laughed.

"They lotioned your legs! You have to keep them nice till it soaks in!" She slipped on bright pink ones.

"Angel, sweetheart, beautiful girl, I am a size 13 in mens shoes. What makes you think I could fit in those?" I sighed.

"Come on. I'll bring an extra pair incase they break. Please! For me?" She pouted.

"You're an ass." I snatched them from her hands and put them on, my feet hanging off and onto the floor.

People around me both 'awed' and laughed.

I felt my face burning.

She grabbed my face, lifting onto her tippy toes and kissed my cheek.

"You're perfect for me." She whispered and I suddenly didn't care what the hell I was walking on.

"Have a good day!" She shouted, waving at everyone who waved back.

We left and she began busting out laughing.

I crossed my arms, my cheeks hurting from smiling so much.

"You're feet are so pretty!" She laughed.

"Oh my god." I grumbled.

"Look at your feet. Tell me that isn't the slightest bit silly." She pointed and I looked down.

My big ass feet, bright blue man nails, the neon green foamy flops crooked and half off my feet.

I laughed.

"It's kinda funny." I nodded.

"Ugh okay I'm done laughing let's go." She opened the passenger door and got inside.

I went to my side, starting the car.

She had our shoes in the back seat and I felt ridiculous.

"You told me you'd do it. Don't look all grumpy." She leaned on my shoulder and I put my hand on her thigh.

"I'm not grumpy. I just didn't expect a bunch of women to gush and giggle." I said and she looked at me.

"You have once chance at life, sometimes two," she poked at my throat, "have fun. Be embarrassing and be those funny people who you think back on and remember till you're old and grey. You'll probably never see them again and when you do they'll remember you being the best boyfriend getting pretty toes." She laughed.

"Boyfriend?" I asked.

"Sure. Why not. Kai Embrose will you do me the honors and be my boyfriend?" She exaggerated and I laughed.

"Nothing would please me more Ariella Hanson."

I love you.