Age of Strife: The Third Duchy

A white light. A light that completely encompasses your vision. 

A whiteness that makes way for darkness. Darkness is the new norm, but splotches of white remain. Those splotches get bigger and bigger, but also less white. Instead, they turn grey. That color expands as well, until all he sees is grey.

...I've said this before, haven't I?

Opening his eyes, all he sees is nothing. Darkness is all around him, and the only reason why he knows he's awake is because he can barely see the markings on his gun sights. 

That, and the fact that his radar is on, completely fine. As if nothing had happened. As if he didn't just explode into the world's biggest firework. 

Nothing was pinging on his radar, and his turrets were in prime condition seeing that he could move them around freely. He started his engines, bringing power and life to the rest of his body. 

Wait, wasn't he supposed to be asleep? Why did he wake up? How long has he been asleep for? 

How did his fuel not disintegrate out of existence? Isn't there a thing where if you leave fuel sitting in one place for too long, it evaporates? How were his engines able to start?

He realized that he owed the angel big time.

He also realized that the toll of time had not rusted him away. Moving using his tracks revealed that they were in good order, but he soon bumped into something. And no matter how much power he gave his engines, he couldn't bulldoze the thing in front of him. 

Which most likely meant that he had hit a wall. If that was the case, then he was probably sealed somewhere, which was probably what the angel meant when she said that he would disappear to a "preset location".

And also why she said that "none may find you".

It wasn't likely that he was inside a building, so that meant that he was inside something like a mountain. And it was a pretty small one at that, as he only had enough room to go forwards, backwards, and rotate 360 degrees in place. 

Nothing more. 

Then the reason why nothing was showing up on his radar wasn't because he was alone, but because the radar waves couldn't get through all the rock. He was trapped, though he understood that it was for his own good. 

But the plan was to stay asleep forever, right?

What happens when he wakes up? Is he supposed to bust through the mountain or something? Or did the angel expect him to stay here forever, just like she said?

That last one was a no-go. Staying meant running out of fuel, and if something an angel planned went awry, then something big must have happened. In any case, he had to get out of here. 

He knew that he was putting himself and possibly the angel at risk, but what other choice did he have? For all he knows, he could have slept for a few hours or a few centuries. The world outside of his tomb was probably different from the one he knew before. 

The thought excited him; of seeing a completely new land, of seeing a world that may or may not have drastically changed, of seeing what laid beyond the rock. 

The change could be drastic, or it could be subtle, or there could have been no change at all. One thing's for certain; he's not going to find out just by staying here. 

Busting down these walls that had encased him for who knows how long was appealing, as he was longing to see the light. He had not yet tested to see if his guns were working, but judging from how well everything else performed, he had high hopes.