Age of Strife: Grapand Farms

A man stretches as he walks along a castle's battlements, leaning against an embrasure once he reaches his post. His eyes widen when he looks out at the vineyards stretching out below. 

"Enemy attack!" he yells. "Enemy attack!" The phrase is repeated throughout the castle and more men rush to their positions. The castle drawbridge closes, but only halfway. 

"Hey! What's the problem? Close the bridge!"

"We can't!" came the reply. "It's stuck!"

Someone runs up to him with a spyglass. "Loooooks like it's the... Empire?!" They adjusted the device. "What's the Empire doing all the way down here?!"

"Let me see that!" The man yanks the spyglass and peers through it. "Uhhh, I hate to say this, but you're right. Those are Empire coats of arms."

"Someone call for reinforcements!" the other person says. They hoist their spear. "Hey, what are you looking at? The enemy's down here, not up there."

The man slowly gave the spyglass back. "Look at that hill over there," he said, pointing. "And tell me what you see."

Confused, they take the spyglass. "...Are you seeing what I'm seeing?" they said after a while. "I'm not drunk, right?" The man nods. 

They take another look. An avalanche of dust blocks most of his view, but he can see more troops belonging to the Empire running down the hill. What sticks out the most is the thing at the front of the avalanche. 

They stow away the spyglass and gulp. 

"It's a monster."

*          *          *

His tracks screeched as he slid along the rocky ground. That's right, he was sliding. Driving downhill somehow made him lose control, despite his speed not exceeding a running pace. 

Surfing the surface, he slipped to the left. Halting his right track to turn, he then slipped too far to the right. Halting his left track and moving his right track again, he slipped too far in the opposite direction as well. 

He continued to shimmy his way down, excessively turning as the lack of friction brought him closer to the base of the hill. Grinding to a stop, his side dug into the dirt as his weight made him lean drastically. 

His engines whirred as he hurriedly tried to get out of the ditch. Several minutes passed, and he managed to get both tracks crashing back on even ground, almost getting stuck again in the process. 

*K-BOM*

Driving as fast as possible, he put a shell into the hill in order to give his enemy another obstacle to deal with. Part of the hill morphed inwards as the crater shook more rocks loose, the heat from the explosion melting them. 

His hull gun came barrel to face with a man, which had their face promptly smushed in when the thing shoved itself into their head. Confused, he looked around and saw enemy soldiers that were in front of him. 

That was odd. Weren't they behind him a second ago? How'd they get up here?

Well, whatever. If it means he can shoot left right and center without a care, then that's no problem. He zoomed in at the castle in the distance, thinking it was an enemy castle. In truth, it was just another problem. 

Albeit a different kind of problem. 

He noticed that the armor on the guys on top of the castle was different compared to the ones on the ground, and the guys on top were having a tough time defending their little fortress.