Chapter Twenty Four

Kingsley barely slept a wink.

Throughout the night, he was constantly hyper-aware of Lorenzo's arm around him, or the feel of Lorenzo's steady breath on his skin. He tried hard, he really did. From making up random scenarios in his head to counting sheep— Kingsley tried everything in order to fall asleep. But nothing worked.

So naturally, when Lorenzo's alarm rang in the morning, Kingsley was cranky as fuck.

Lorenzo pressed a soft kiss on Kingsley's forehead, before sitting up and stretching his arms. Kingsley opened his eyes, gazing at the other man who looked as if he'd be runway ready in just a minute. Whereas Kingsley was sure his sleep deprivation would be clearly visible on his face.

"Sleep well?" Lorenzo asked.

"Shut up," Kingsey grumbled. He grabbed a pillow, keeping it on his face to block off the sunlight peeking in through the blinds. Lorenzo chuckled at the grumpy man.

"Someone's clearly not a morning person," Lorenzo remarked.

"I'm barely a person right now, Enzo," Kingsley sighed, his voice coming out a bit muffled because of the pillow.

"Some coffee should humanize you," Lorenzo said as he got off the bed. "How do you take your pancakes?"

Kingsley removed the pillow from his face, perking up as soon as he heard pancakes. He looked at Lorenzo with big, excited eyes, making the other man smile softly.

"Do you have blueberries?" Kingsley asked.

"I should. Or I'll ask James to get them," Lorenzo replied thoughtfully. Kingsley looked at him in confusion, so he clarified. "James. My driver."

"Oh." Kingsley blinked. "Don't trouble him. Just loads of maple syrup and I'm a happy man."

"Glad to know you're not hard to please," Lorenzo smirked.

"Do you know what is hard, though?" Kingsley mirrored the sly look.

"What might that be?" Lorenzo rose a brow.

Kingsley shrugged innocently as he slowly started pulling the blanket down. First revealing his shirtless torso, and then his navy blue briefs. There was nothing left for imagination considering the prominent outline of his erection, barely contained by the single layer of clothing.

That wasn't all. The thing that aroused Lorenzo the most was the teasing smile on Kingsley's face. As if he knew the effect he had on Lorenzo. But he didn't. At least, not the full extent of it.

"You know what? Breakfast can wait." Lorenzo muttered before climbing back into the bed.

~~~

By the time both of them were done, they were way past the need for just breakfast. Kingsley was ready to eat the entire pantry. After a not-so-quick shower, the two finally went to the kitchen. Kingsley borrowed a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants from Lorenzo, as he sat on the counter, watching the other man go through his cupboards.

With every passing minute that they weren't having sex, Kingsley kept questioning himself about what he was doing there. He didn't do nights. And he definitely didn't do mornings. Even though he wasn't able to sleep, and missed his bed... he didn't feel like leaving quite just yet.

Maybe if he had fallen asleep, then he could've justified staying the night by telling himself that he was too tired to go home. But that wasn't the case.

Kingsley maintained a neutral exterior, but he was freaking out on the inside. He couldn't remember the last time he woke up to another man's face. He hadn't done that since his senior year of school with Cole. Kingsley would've cursed himself for making this mistake, but the morning sex with Lorenzo was too good to regret.