Chapter Thirty One

"Don't turn around, and don't get alarmed," Roan said, looking down at his coffee. Kingsley furrowed his brows with confusion, wondering what Roan was on about. "But I think there's someone following you."

"What?" Kingsley asked, the shock clear in his voice. Roan nodded, tilting his head up to look at his friend, a blank expression on his face so as to not give away anything.

"There's this guy sitting a few tables behind us. I'm pretty sure I saw him at the mall too. And then outside the dry cleaners," Roan explained.

It was Sunday, and Kai was out for the day meeting some of his old friends from college. Roan and Kingsley spent the entire day running errands and getting some other work done. They were at a café, sitting down for coffee when Roan finally figured that there was something sketchy going on.

Kingsley faked a yawn and stretched his arms and neck to look back. He was trying to be subtle but wanted to get a look at the man that Roan thought was stalking them.

He was a little older, maybe in his mid or early thirties, with a scruffy beard, and was wearing a baseball hat. Kingsley tried to recall if he knew him, but as far as he could tell he had never seen him in his life. He was looking towards the two men, and immediately looked down at his newspaper when he saw Kingsley's head turn.

"Are you sure?" Kingsley asked. "It could just be a coincidence."

"Could be. But I always say three is a pattern and I've noticed him staring and following us," Roan answered. "And he has a camera."

"How do you know he's stalking me and not you?" Kingsley rose a brow.

"Come on," Roan deadpanned. "Out of the two of us, who's more likely to have a stalker? Besides, does it even really matter?"

"Fair enough," Kingsley muttered. "What should we do?"

"Call 911?" Roan replied like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"We don't even know for sure if he's stalking either of us," Kingsley frowned softly. "I have a plan."

"If it's something stupid—"

"Just follow me and act casual, okay?" Kingsley said as he got up, dropping a hundred on the table which was more than enough to cover the bill and the tip.

Roan sighed, knowing for sure that Kingsley was going to do something idiotic, but he followed him nonetheless. Both of them walked out of the café, and lo and behold, they were indeed being followed by said man in the baseball hat.

Kingsley leaned towards Roan, quickly telling him what he had in mind. Roan once again told him it would be better to just call the cops, but Kingsley said no. They were nearing a corner, and Kingsley knew there was an alley right ahead of it. As soon as they turned, they went into the alley.

A couple of minutes later, the stalker stumbled in front of the alley, looking confused as he wondered whether he lost the two men. Kingsley cleared his throat from behind him, and he finally turned around to face them.

"Fuck," he muttered, realizing he had been caught. He was about to turn and possibly run away, but Kingsley spoke up before he could.

"Run and I call the cops," Kingsley raised his phone, 911 was already on the screen, he was just waiting to press the call button.

"And I've got your face on camera," the man turned to face Roan, who was holding his phone up as well.

"What do you want?" The man asked.

"What do I— You're the one stalking me!" Kingsley scoffed. "What the fuck do you want?"

"I'm not stalking you," he replied.