Epilogue

A few years later.

"We really don't have to go if you don't want to," Lorenzo said, a soft frown on his face as he stared at his boyfriend.

They were both in his car, parked outside of Kingsley's high school. It was Kingsley's reunion and he had been hesitant about going since the start. At first, he stated that he had no intention whatsoever of going. But he eventually started talking more and more about his years in school, his memories and the people that he missed.

Just two nights before the reunion, Kingsley said that he wanted to go. He wasn't expecting Lorenzo to go with him. He figured it would be too hard for him to take these days off from work on such short notice, but Lorenzo didn't want Kingsley to go alone. Especially when he knew how nervous he was about the entire ordeal. Which was rare considering how confident Kingsley usually was so there was no way in hell that Lorenzo was going to stay back.

Kingsley hadn't seen his friends from school in over half a decade. And his ex-boyfriend and ex-bestfriend in even more so. Kingsley claimed to be a hard ass that didn't care about his past anymore, but Lorenzo knew just how much his hometown meant to him. He always refused to go back, stating there was nothing left there for him.

But there was. Even if he was no longer in touch with the people there...the memories he made were still there. And they were just as important. Lorenzo wanted to be there for his lover, so he kept his hand on top of Kingsley's, gently squeezing it.

"Seriously, we can turn the car back around. We can go home, put on some crappy reality show and cuddle till we fall asleep," Lorenzo paused. "Or we can go in and meet your old friends. Bring up some nostalgia. I'd love to hear all about your glory days from people other than Kai who I'm sure is a little biased in his story telling."

"I...I want to go in," Kingsley stated with a firm nod, before turning to face Lorenzo. "Promise you won't leave me if someone tells you embarassing stuff about me?"

"Mi amor, I've been with you for almost six years now," Lorenzo chuckled. "You should know I'm not that easily scared. If your snoring can't push me away then nothing can."

"I do not snore!" Kingsley huffed, looking away from Lorenzo once again.

"You so do. I literally recorded it and made you listen," Lorenzo said.

"That video could've very easily been doctored. I'll have my lawyers check it and then give you a response in ten to twenty business years," Kingsley retorted. "Besides, if you have such an issue with my alleged snoring then you can always sleep in the guest room."

"I never said I had a problem with it. It's kind of cute actually, it's not loud and your nose flutters in the cutest way possible. And it's only when you work overtime and are super tired," Lorenzo pointed out, making Kingsley's cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

"I will bite you and it won't be sexy like last night," Kingsley muttered.

"Hot," Lorenzo winked playfully. "Don't get me turned on or you might have to show me all the secret hook-up spots in your old school."

"Sure," Kingsley smirked, taking full advantage of the situation. "I'll show you all the spots where I used to go with my boyfriends and suc—"

"Okay, okay, got it," Lorenzo cut him off, just how Kingsley was expecting it. "We going in now or what?"

"Yeah, we are," Kingsley grinned, already feeling better as Lorenzo helped him calm his nerves down.

Both the men got out of the car and started walking towards the entrance of the school. Kingsley held onto Lorenzo's hand, his grip firm as they walked in through the door. The reunion had started over an hour ago, so the party was in full swing. Kingsley took in the sight of his old gym hall, feeling nostalgic as he remembered all the P.E. classes he skipped or spent watching his crushes play ball in shorts.