🦋Chapter 15🦋

Ryder was with the Clearwater's siblings today as the pack had to help hunt a redhead vampire. Unbeknownst to Ryder, her father and godfather were hunting her at the same time. She was having a check-up on her face, Sue Clearwater taken the bandage down and saw her stitches had fallen out now that the cuts had healed but scarred up. Sue was Ryder's mother not just her godmother. She has a surprise for Sue Clearwater and gives her the surprise in the hopes she'll say yes. Ryder got adoption papers for Sue to adopt Ryder.

Ryder was with Sue when they heard howls bursting through the woods. Jared and Sam came to Sue's to give her the news that Harry had a heart attack and that they needed to go to hospital. Sue left with Sam, Leah and Seth, Jared got ordered to take Ryder home and to meet him at the hospital. Jared was reluctant to take Ryder home. Jared heard a howl signalling the loss of a pack member. Ryder screamed out for Harry as she could tell it was Harry's death that the pack was howling for.

Ryder rode on Jared's back, she didn't want to leave Jared. She wanted to be with her father and the Clearwaters. She gave Jared a wolf cuddle and said goodbye. She entered the house expecting it to be empty to find Alice standing in Charlie's front room." What are you doing here?!" Ryder asked Alice confused, Alice quickly hugged Ryder." I came back to comfort you and Charlie that what I'm doing here."Alice expressed. Ryder was confused by this" What do you mean comfort us?" She asked with a tilted look. Alice was about to answer when Bella came rushing in, pushing past Ryder and hugging." Do you want to tell me how you are alive?" Alice asked with a look of confusion.

Bella then explained how Jake saved her and that his kind of a werewolf. Alice goes on about how they aren't good company especially when they lose their temper." I mean look at Ryder, she got attacked by one of them and I'm guessing it was the hot head." Alice blurted out, Ryder snapped her head up and was about to go and punch Alice when Jake grabbed Ryder from behind." Woah Ryder calm down, and speak for yourself." Jake snaps at Alice. Bella begins to say Thought you couldn't be on this side for the line, he goes on about not caring and Ryder is an imprint so she needs the protection.

Alice talks about how she didn't see Bella get saved because of Jake and she was here to comfort Charlie and Ryder in their time of need.  Jake heard the phone ring and told the unknown caller that Charlie wasn't there and he was busy sorting out funeral arrangements. Ryder stays by Jake's side as Bella rushes to get her things together because Edward is going to kill himself thinking she is dead so she gets a bag of things together and drags Ryder to the with her and Alice." Hey, let go of me! Jake help me!!" Ryder shouts. Jake tries to grab her but has no luck, Bella quickly gets Alice to drive off. Jake phases and runs to tell the pack that Alice Cullen has taken Ryder and to tell Charlie that Bella has kidnapped Ryder.

"Let me out of this car you psychopaths! You do realise that you have broken the treaty now Alice by kidnapping an imprint and putting her in danger?!" Ryder yells out. Alice winched knowing if Ryder gets injured or killed they'll be in for it. Bella scoffs" Yeah they'll hurt us when it means hurting a human being aka me!" She snarkily speaks.

Ryder got dragged by Bella to where Edward was going to reveal himself. Bella stopped him just in time." Ryder what are you doing here?! The pack are gonna kill us when we get back!" Edward yelled out in shock." What happened to your face?" He ask with a tilted look." Paul happened and yes you are gonna be in such big trouble all flipping three of you!" Ryder screamed out. She saw two Volturi guards appearing behind Edward, he told them that their services were no longer needed. The two guards told him Aro wanted to see him again, Edward tried to get Bella and Ryder to go and enjoy the festival that was going on.

Unfortunately, the guards grabbed Ryder's hand," The girls are coming with us." He sternly spoke. Alice came in to stop the situation from going badly, "Now we don't want to cause a scene do we, boys!" She said sweetly. Ryder saw a girl who looked no older than herself" No we don't, Aro sent me to see what's taking so long." The girl spoke with authority. Edward introduced her as Jane and they all headed to the crown room to the three vampire Kings.

Ryder hid behind Alice as much as she could," Ah Jane we sent you to get one and you come back with four well done sister!" A boy who looks like Jane speaks. Ryder looks around the room and sees an older man looking at her with a small smile and eyes full of sadness and pity. Ryder walked over to him" Hi I'm Ryder, Nice to meet you, sir." She spoke politely putting her hand out to him." Hello Ryder my name's Marcus, I'm very glad to meet you. May I ask what happened to your face if you don't mind my asking?" He spoke softly.

Ryder nodded in response" Well Bella dragged me to confront some shape shifters and she slapped one of them and he phased I was too close and got scratched by him but Jared my imprint saved me from getting hurt further." She explained whilst trying not to appear weak. Marcus put his hand on Ryder's face and traced the scars," You are very lucky to have Jared, he will look after you. I can see yours and his bond, he is made for you. I'm sorry you got hurt because of her." Marcus said with sympathy laced.

Ryder saw Caius staring at her with intense eyes" Why are you staring at me? Sorry for being rude but don't stare at my scars." Ryder snapped at him. Caius smiled at her" Sorry I didn't mean to stare, you fascinate me is all. You aren't like your sister are you?" He asked. Ryder raised her eyebrows" She ain't my sister she just shares the same blood as me. My sister is Leah and I have loads of brothers. She and my egg donor abandoned me when I was born so she ain't family. I've been put in danger four times now because of her she ain't nothing but trouble." Ryder crossly explained. Caius was shocked that Ryder had a difficult time of it lately.

Aro went up to Ryder," May I see your thoughts little one?" He asked nicely. Ryder looked to Edward for help" he sees things through touch." Edward explained. Ryder put her hand in Aro's he saw everything and he has seen how much Ryder has suffered by Bellas's hand." Oh my, you have suffered so much. You're a very strong little one. Thank you for trying to protect our secret from people." Aro said with sincerity.

Ryder just started to walk around the room, She looked at Jane and Alec with a tilted look," You're not much older than me are you biologically?" She asked the twins. They looked at her, "No we're not, you're very brave standing in a room full of vampires." Jane said with a sinister look. Ryder just took her sword out and pointed it at Jane" I am brave, I run with wolves so I'm not scared of you or them. So don't test me, I'm not your enemy Jane so how about you drop the bad girl act and play nicely for once." Ryder stated. Alec smiled at Ryder's bravery and Jane smirked proudly at Ryder. Aro enjoyed watching Ryder's interactions with the twins.

Ryder left the twins and sat with Marcus who allowed her close to him as he felt she was an innocent child who got dragged here and she meant no harm to them. Caius strangely likes Ryder and finds her feisty and protective, Aro likes how she is brave and isn't a frightened child. Ryder watched as Bella decided to be a stupid idiot and make the Volturi kill her" Bella shut up jeez,  Aro can you please get on with telling the two dumbasses that Bella is to be turned or killed as I know your laws and you know you got to give them a chance to turn her or she dies. I'm quite bored and I'd like to go home to my father whose best friend had just died who was my second father and my imprint please." She asked quite bored but sad at the same time.

Aro, Caius and Marcus were shocked to hear an eleven-year-old girl make a statement so boldly yet honestly." Very well, as Miss Ryder said you either turn her or we will kill her so go and make your preparations now. Note we don't give out second chances. You should leave now all of you as I doubt Ryder will want to see us have our meal now would she?"Aro creepily said ominously.

Ryder bowed to the Volturi before leaving she saw tourists heading for the throne room and covered her ears knowing what was to come. The two Swans and Cullens went home, Ryder got back and saw Charlie and Jared waiting for her as Alice dropped her off, Charlie was fuming with Bella as she kidnapped her sister. Ryder ran to Charlie and hugged him tightly" I'm so sorry Daddy, I didn't want to go she grabbed me and took me. I didn't miss it did I?" She rambled out quickly. She ran to Jared," I'm here and I'm safe!" She told him reassuringly. Charlie was just happy to have her home again and he was glad Jared was around for Ryder as she would need him more than ever now as Harry's funeral was tomorrow and he didn't want her to be alone.